WvW Maps, updates and stuff

Slanderman.9532

After watching the Livestream of the announcement which was postponed I feel like I have to say something and get my ideas out there. I'm trying to keep it respectful for everyone and I will edit the post if I'm out of the line.

Firstly is the Map argument which was "It takes a lot of time and effort to turn LW map to WvW map" to the question of getting new WvW maps. It's not the LW map that we want to be turned into the WvW map, even like reskin of EB with new themes could be something to consider. And I'm pretty sure making LW map with all of its models, quests, collectibles, Meta events and monsters is more work than making 3 identical corners with some structures and interesting landscape to fight on. WvW maps don't have to be super pretty with lots of details.Point being, the current map layouts work just fine, you only need to spice things up (not talking about putting pve in.)

The second thing I want to bring up is the update cycle which relates to my previous post. WvW needs to be more Living thing like the LW story is. Balance more often with slight chances but more often. With this, you can even go as far as to fix issues that have been found in the maps at the same time (Desert borderlands glitch.) Meta becomes stale and gets ppl frustrated, your favorite build might be out of the loop for a really long time. GW2 has so many really insightful players who gladly would help in class balance, you just need to ask around.

WvW is not what the game mode or the players deserve, there is no excuse for the lack of updates and changes. I'm baffled how many years WvW has been ignored, I'm shocked why there is no GvG mode still when ppl have been asking that for ages. I'm disappointed in the direction GW2 has gone. I really wish Anet opens their eyes and starts to make WvW something they can be proud of. It really has so much potential

Wvw has shiton of potential that is so much neglected sadly. Problem is most of gw2 community are players that are mainly interested in open world content, and don't rly like to come to wvw, where they are gonna be killed in seconds. And I'm not sure if finding a way to encourage those ppl to come to wvw is a good idea for our community

There are lots of ways to make money with WvW, keep skins or siege skins etc. We could get a whole new map where mounts are allowed.

And we don't need PvE players to join WvW, we need players from another MMOs to start playing GW2. Like one of the biggest selling points of GW2 is the WvW and I'm sure if it was more of a focus and got regular updates, maybe few adds or trailers like LW gets, we'd get so many more players

Wvw is not a priority, and never has been.

The higher ups feel the need to work on stuff that generates money right away in the area of the game that the majority play in, pve. Spending money to design skins for a section of the game that only draws a small portion of your customers wouldn't seem like a good investment, while designing skins for pve where that small portion could buy them as well will always seem the better way, at this point in the age of the game. The same goes for maps. Even then with their last quarter dropping again seems like that isn't enough. They spent the first 3 years of the game trying to figure out their revenue system, going from rapid releasing living stories to just doing expansions and skins monthly to keep them going.

They're not going to design a new map (yes the previous two maps were said to be a year in development), that has to be delivered for free (because dividing the already dwindled population by expansions would be devastating) and potentially given as much flack as the previous map (4th year since desert and finally not seeing any delete desert bl threads).

I get it, as a 99.9% player of wvw, heck I'm still stuck on LS3 cause pve is downright boring and not fun, also apparently the guild leader of a npc guild with a name I didn't vote for, with members always running off doing their own thing or being emo, I probably would have kicked half them from a real guild long ago. Dragons or gods threatening to destroy tyria? shrug let them, if no one is going to care about wvw why should I care about them. Off the rambling, all game modes should have had active develop on content and skins from the beginning, but I think that ship sailed long ago on wvw, it should have been 5-6 years ago to help encourage people to stick around and pump some money into wvw to help develop it, except they ignored it for 3 years and then released HoT which many will say helped ruin wvw.

It is what it is.

Archived