Lvl 80 help

Nagamori.9825

I bought PoF and used the lvl 80 boost on my Thief because i want to play with Deadeye, but im kinda lost now. Atm im farming HP to complete the traits, but besides that i dont know what to do. I have some questions to ask.

-- Is the lvl 80 boost gear any good?-- What stats do i use and why?-- How can i join fractal dungeons/Raids and why should i do them?-- Should i complete the map besides the waypoints?-- How can i get better gear?

And ive seen some player with really cool wings, are those gliders?

@"Nagamori.9825" said:-- Is the lvl 80 boost gear any good?

Boost gear for Thief are Valkyrie stats (Power + Vitality + Ferocity), right? Not the best, but there's not too much hurry to replace them.

-- What stats do i use and why?

You can strive for Berserker stats, at least Deadeye is power damage dealer. Also, you may mix in some Marauder, too, if you feel insecure with low health.

-- How can i join fractal dungeons/Raids and why should i do them?

You use corresponding section in "Contacts and LFG". You start running fractals at T1, and when you get experience and more AR (Agony Resistance), you climb the ladders up to T4. You can mostly go to T1 without any former experience, they are just exactly for that. Many times those groups consist one or maybe two bit more experienced players who are carrying their friends through that fractal, and can carry some "extras", too.

From fractals you get infusions for AR, some gold, fractal relics to buy certain stuff, some ascended drops and such.

-- Should i complete the map besides the waypoints?

No need, I mean not mandatory. Completing single map gives you certain small reward, but completions are mainly done to get 100% map completion to get certain mats for legendaries.

-- How can i get better gear?

TP (Trading Post) is a good start. You can also craft them with high enough crafting level, but that is long & expensive route: leveling crafting mainly serves you when you need to gear multiple alts during longer time span, so that you have gathered enough mats and do not need to buy them all.

Visible wings when a character is not flying are backpack skins. Yes, many of those wing skins are same as glider skins.

HTH.

My adivice is to start with fractals and join raids once you are comfortable there. Very low percentage of players do raids so if you run in now you might get discouraged because noone will want new player there and if they take you you might be frustrated by dieing all the time. On the other hand fractals increase dificulty so it is great to start there. Once you get to top level you will be well equiped to enter raids and do well/ok

@Nagamori.9825 said:I bought PoF and used the lvl 80 boost on my Thief because i want to play with Deadeye, but im kinda lost now. Atm im farming HP to complete the traits, but besides that i dont know what to do. I have some questions to ask.

-- Is the lvl 80 boost gear any good?

Should be fine for open world. Maybe not the best stat combi but sufficient. The exotics you get is the second best gear in terms of quality but 90% of the game is balanced for it.

Check metabattle.com for a basic guide on builds. It will explain everything. When you get the hang of the system you can start to improvise afterwards.

Portal to raids and fractals are in LA. But you need to have specific builds to cope with those. Especially for higher level fractals (t1 fractals that you start with are pretty easy so less important there) and raids you need good builds and tot ake into account team compositions. You can see builds and guides in discretize.eu or and snowcrows.com for fractals and raids respectively.

If you like exploration for sure. You always get sth from the competition of a map. And its a good way to level a character. But in the end is up to you.

craft, drops, fractals and raids, karma vendors all over the place, Map farming (like living world 3 maps), finishing collections and achievement that award gear.

They are backpack skins but some do operate as glider skins as well. But gliders are an HoT feature

Generally if you need guidance on what to do the game leaves this open ended. Its basically up to you...You are somewhat guided by the story. Also your Achievement panel largely operates as a quest log. But which things you want to pursue from it depends fully on you.

If this is your first character i would strongly advise you to level a character normally. You have the mounts unlocked thus going through the core game will be really fast, you will learn many of the basics of how the game operates that you are missing now, learn where all the important hubs are etc. Plus the core gamee is still content you have that has value for you that you will be skipping. There is a lot to enjoy there as a new player.

@"Nagamori.9825" said:I bought PoF and used the lvl 80 boost on my Thief because i want to play with Deadeye, but im kinda lost now. Atm im farming HP to complete the traits, but besides that i dont know what to do. I have some questions to ask.

-- Is the lvl 80 boost gear any good?

No, it's awful if I'm being honest. The gear you get is not of ascended quality and the stats it offers you are not needed for thief or any other profession. Start from the beginning, create a new character and learn the game at your own pace. Ask for advice if you need any additional help from experienced players.

Berserker stats are the stats which every power build uses. It offers power which increases your overall damage, precision which increases your chance to critically hit and ferocity which increases your critical damage. There is also assassin stats which is the same as berserker, the only difference is that the main attribute is precision instead of power. Assassin isn't really needed because even with full berserker stats, you'll have more than enough precision to critically hit, plus support professions like druid can keep fury (20% increased precision) on you and you don't have to worry about dealing lackluster damage.

When it comes to condition builds, viper stats are widely regarded as the best PvE stats. Thief can play condition builds and while a good portion of the community sees condition thief as lackluster compared to staff daredevil, dagger/dagger deadeye and even rifle deadeye, in dungeons and even fractals it can be really good if you are playing with a well coordinated team because of the venom skills.

Dungeons are scattered throughout the world of Tyria. There are 8 dungeons in total and each dungeon has its own story mode and explorable mode. The explorable mode can be unlocked once you finish the story mode and it offers you three different paths to choose from. The different paths make a total of 32 dungeons, not too different but just enough that you fell like you're doing different objectives in them. They're fine for PvE content and there are still players who enjoy doing them, even though most players prefer doing fractals and raids. Do dungeons either for the achievements, farming the currency which can be used to purchase specific runes and armor that have a specific stat on them for you to salvage and use later for crafting.

Fractals can be accessed in Lion's Arch at the southern part of the city. The purpose of fractals is to get the maximum amount of stats you can for your character. There are four different tiers of fractals, the higher the tier the more agony resistance is needed. Agony is a debuff that is often applied to players so they take a lot damage. The only way to resist agony is to have high agony resistance. Below fractal 20, you can do fractals without worrying about agony, even with full exotic gear which can't have agony put on it, you can safely play fractals. Ascended gear is definitely needed if you want to play to play higher tier fractals. Fractals are a great place to practice builds for raids.

Raids can also be accessed from Lion's Arch. Unlike fractals, raids are longer versions of fractals and because of the longer fights, people use different builds that while are great in fractals might not be so good in raids. For example, core warrior and spellbreaker are great in fractals, but not so much in raids whereas condition berserker is the better build due to it being able to last longer in fights.

I highly recommend you do map completion. Not only is a great way to get experience, but also you get transmutation charges which can be used to change skins on your armor. You also get the gift of exploration which is a gift used for crafting legendary weapons.

Ascended gear is the best gear in the game. Legendary gear is exactly the same as ascended, the only difference is that it looks shinier. Ascended gear requires you to reach max level of your crafting discipline, then buy the materials needed for crafting them from merchants. You will need a lot of laurel and gold as well as karma though. Ascended gear is also time gated, meaning that some of the crafting materials can be crafted once a day. While it may seem tedious having to way days to get a full set of ascended berserker gear, it is still worth it.

For each character, I recommend you have one discipline for crafting armor and one discipline for crafting weapons. For example, engineer is a medium armor profession and therefore needs leatherworker for crafting medium armor. When it comes to crafting weapons, that's where it gets a little difficult. You have to carefully choose the discipline that the professions needs a lot and since most of the engineer builds consists of using pistols and rifles, huntsman is the discipline for the engineer. Chef or cooking is only recommended if you want to get the most amount of stats for your profession as food and utility items give you buffs that greatly benefit you in the long term. It's not that needed in fractals, but it is definitely needed for raids and WvW.

Here's a video that shows how ascended crafting works by

The wings are a backpack skin. Gliders can only be seen if a player activates their glider while they're in the air. While they're standing on the ground, their backpack is shown and the player that you saw, was wearing wings. Personally, I prefer backpacks over wings as I'm not a fan of the giant wings hanging on your back.

Archived