possible solutions to instability issues

I want to discuss here alternative solutions to "broken" instability combinations in fractals. My guild mates and I came up with the idea to have instabilities selectable by the players. However, each instability combination gives different rewards based on how many other players choose those combinations. This way, less exp players can enjoy the content untill they "get gud", and more experienced players can get rewards for making their daily runs more difficult. Let me know what you all think, and please feel free to post your other ideas here too.

Lower Tiers of Fractals already provide less challenge and Instabilities, for lower rewards.

The one thing that would most concern me about the proposed system of choosing specific combinations for more rewards, would be that I would essentially be playing with the exact same, most obnoxious, Instabilities every day, since I can handle them and want the maximum reward.

On the other hand, the same players that complain now about T4 Fractals being to difficult, instead of simply dropping to T3 if they can't handle it, would then be complaining about those selectable combinations being too difficult, instead of just not selecting them, because they want the maximum rewards, even though they aren't skilled enough to get them, and rather have content nerfed instead of improving as players.

So essentially the same problem in a different system.

Again, If you want to enjoy the content until you are proficient at it, there is T1-3, with 0-2 Instabilities.

I thought that was what the tier system was for T1-T4. Everyone can still enjoy all the content even at lower tiers. As for broken instabilities this does not really solve the broken aspect of specific combos on certain fractals. The reward system and loot tables for what was mentioned would be a total rework of the current system. I would rather them work on fine tuning these instabilities first.

We bleed fire:this instab is harder, with the higher amount of mobs. U just can't dodge/reflect all. Also instab should make fractals harder, but not to be main threat to players. Atm this instab can easily 1 shot u. Today at sirens, dps from my party, got 20 stacks of burning from pocket raptors lol.To deal with it i would make this instab to trigger at all mobs and bosses at the same time, or reduce dmg from each other hit u take (as meteor shower). Also I would slightly reduce the dmg from it, and make it reflectable so we got some award for actually reflecting instead of just dodging it.

Slippery slope:IMO this instab is disaster, but I know it will stay so here are my solutions:Change it so, wer not sliding at the start of the movement so we have more control on dodging aoes, and so some leap skills will work correctly. Just leave the slide effect at the end of movement.

Birds:Main problem with this instab is that, it procs other instabs like afflicted and we bleed fire, in this situation 1+1 starts to equal 3. Also imo birds should attack u when ooc.

Social:Only issue i see here, is that u get pushed out of some platforms while prestacking boons on mistlock. It could be just turned off near mistlock instabilities. Outside of that, that instab is pretty funny to me, it forces you to spread and change tactic a bit on some bosses.

The same people would continue to complain as long as loot continues to be tied to the difficulty of any content. The issue isn't about the highest tier being too difficulty, the issue is that group of players and their refusal to drop to an easier tier more suited for them. They would simply force themselves to go with all instabilities then which will result in even more complaining as they are bound to fail.

Archived