Ticket not being responded to

@"Abelisk.4527" said:I have a ticket sitting there for 7 days now. No reply. Last activity on the thread yesterday was 5 days ago.

Anyone experiencing similar? Why is this?

some tickets take longer to deal with than others.the "last activity" is generally meaningless; it usually just refers to someone updating info on the ticket (not necessarily following up)

reply to the last email you got from anet with a request for a status update (don't open a new ticket)

sorry for the delay

• 2 weeks later...

@Abelisk.4527 said:I sent an email 3 days ago for them not reaching back.

I still have no response whatsoever for my ticket. It's for account deletion (how long do these usually take anyway?)

Are you sure you're getting responses? Did you get the automated reply from when you first created a ticket? Is that what you replied to?

Generally speaking, I'd expect that they take longer with account deletions than with anything else. My speculative guess is that they are catching up from backlog due to closing the office, losing staff and that they prioritized people still playing over those wanting to stop playing.

They get to every ticket. Eventually.

My advice: move on to something else; wait for whenever ANet gets around to it. (At least, that's how I handled it with my two requests I needed to make when the queue for any non-urgent issue was 4-5 weeks.) It won't make the situation less annoying; it just means you'll spend less time remembering how annoying it is.

I turned in a ticket last Monday a couple of hours before the big layoff announcement and I haven't heard anything either.I bought a piece of Exotic Triumphant Hero armor instead of the Ascended version I wanted.I have not equipped or stat assigned the item as suggested by the ANet Support site.In the past how long has the turn around been on this type of refund request?With the staff reductions & warclaw update I imagine it will be a bit longer than normal.

@Grimmtooth.4163 said:I turned in a ticket last Monday a couple of hours before the big layoff announcement and I haven't heard anything either.I bought a piece of Exotic Triumphant Hero armor instead of the Ascended version I wanted.I have not equipped or stat assigned the item as suggested by the ANet Support site.In the past how long has the turn around been on this type of refund request?With the staff reductions & warclaw update I imagine it will be a bit longer than normal.

There's no accurate estimate of how long you should expect. I've gotten a refund for a major gem mistake within 24 hours... and another time it took 6 weeks for a minor mistake. The support leads have always said that it is their intent to close tickets in 72 hours or less, but there are a gazillion reasons why that might not happen. Some are specific to the ticket, some to the submitter, and some because of what's going on with the support person or the team's queue.

I really wish ANet would be more forthcoming about their support service levels. It's ever so much easier to be patient simply knowing that things are backed up, regardless of the reasons. I don't expect them to necessarily update every ticket when queues exceed an average of 96 hours; I just would like to see them announcing it publicly.

Archived