Seeking advice from my fellow GW2 players.

povilas.2807

Hello there. I've been thinking about a new career path in GW2, but I can't decide which profession to choose. I've already tried engineer, elementalist, warrior and guardian. Out of all these classes I,ve only maxed the engineer class. Then I created warrior, but this profession was too boring for me, elementalist was too complex (with all 4 elements mixing together), and then theres guardian... Guardian class was a bit more interesting, but for some reason I just couldnt play with it all the way to the max level. Maybe later I'l come back to this character I made... Anyway, what class would you recomend? I'm looking for something that's not too boring to play with, but at the same time not to complicated.

Engineer can be a lot of fun to play. There are three popular PvE holosmith builds.

• A kitless holo, taking advantage of the Fx utility skills plus holo-auto for great cleave and decent single target DPS. Very simple to play.
  • A kitful power holo, taking advantage of synergies within the prof by combining rifle, bombs, and grenades. Simple theoretical rotation; interesting in the context of complex fights.
  • A kitful condi holo, somewhat more complicated than the power version and also interesting when fights get messy.

You can find variations of these builds at metabattle and snowcrows.

Caveat: I haven't looked at the engie changes coming up in depth, which could undermine some of these and/or provide other, "better" builds using the changes to Gyro etc.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Engineer can be a lot of fun to play. There are three popular PvE holosmith builds.

• A kitless holo, taking advantage of the Fx utility skills plus holo-auto for great cleave and decent single target DPS. Very simple to play.
  • A kitful power holo, taking advantage of synergies within the prof by combining rifle, bombs, and grenades. Simple theoretical rotation; interesting in the context of complex fights.
  • A kitful condi holo, somewhat more complicated than the power version and also interesting when fights get messy.

You can find variations of these builds at metabattle and snowcrows.

Caveat: I haven't looked at the engie changes coming up in depth, which could undermine some of these and/or provide other, "better" builds using the changes to Gyro etc.

I can't play with holosmith, I don't have PoF, just HoT. :(

Without PoF fun things you might enjoy...1.Power Chrono or core Mesmer, greatsword + sword/sword or sword/shield is super fun open world

1. Power reaper, great class and hits like a truck...only problem is that base necro can be a bit boring to level
  2. Power ranger, a joy to level and good melee/ranged balance with pet mechanicsI have tested them all to max level and were very enjoyable. I hope you try one or all of them :)

Archived