Still the same

Ithilwen.1529

Well I've missed PvP. After a long break for some rest.. I returned and placed in Gold. I'm still facing enemy teams that I have no hope of competing with. 'That is the essential problem with PvP, uneven matches.

I understand that development will be linked with the NCsoft shop... I hope that will result in ANET focusing less on pure reaction time gaming and ultra hard to play classes..

As long as you have human players it will never be equal as skill isn't equal. Matchmaking is far from perfect. But matches where you get rolled still happen even in plat. It's just how the dice fall. Too many variables. That being said, balancing has shown to move towards less passive play as it's been one of the bigger complaints in PvP. That's why they gave higher ICDs to traits like defy pain (2 second effect with a 90 second ICD.) I would personally say reactionary play is the main draw for PvP and passive play that holds your hand takes away from the experience.

Do look at those matches where you get rolled and see if you can spot what wrong. EG: Got farmed, didn't cap/decap. It will help you escape the gold mines a little bit at a time.Good luck ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Well I've missed PvP. After a long break for some rest.. I returned and placed in Gold. I'm still facing enemy teams that I have no hope of competing with. 'That is the essential problem with PvP, uneven matches.

I understand that development will be linked with the NCsoft shop... I hope that will result in ANET focusing less on pure reaction time gaming and ultra hard to play classes..

By nature of the game mode, there is often times a very fine line between a close match and a blow out. Even evenly matched games can snowball rather easily. Even top-tier teams in tourneys will blow each other out. It's just how conquest works sometimes.

Archived