Looking for Ranger PVE Builds

ubbenmaster.7832

Thanks for your recommendation. I find very rare information on metabattle. Guess, that's because I am new to GW2 and need more information than mature players.

I don't know which build to go for with my first level 80 character. Is it recommendable to go for a DPS build (if so: which one?) or should I go for the druid?

It's hard to earn hero points with the first char, so I guess I have to make my decision wisely, don't I?

@ubbenmaster.7832 said:Thanks for your recommendation. I find very rare information on metabattle. Guess, that's because I am new to GW2 and need more information than mature players.

I don't know which build to go for with my first level 80 character. Is it recommendable to go for a DPS build (if so: which one?) or should I go for the druid?

While leveling don't worry about build, it's better to just try and learn all the skills. If you want a dead easy build just use Longbow + Sword/Warhorn with a bear pet. I still would suggest swapping between weapons and pets often to figure out how they all work and which ones you like best.It's hard to earn hero points with the first char, so I guess I have to make my decision wisely, don't I?Hero points are really no that hard to get, just take a little while. You'll end up with much more than you need by end game if you grab them all as you clear zones.

Unless you really want to play a support build, i'd go for soulbeast (dmg) first, because it can be useful always and everywhere, while a healing build might struggle when solo (or at least requires different gear sets/builds ) and is often not needed even for group content. It is also easier to get optimal gear (berserker) for a power dps build.

Archived