directions doing pof

i am a lvl 80 necro without any elite specializations. before i did the central tyria lvl 40 personal story, i explored to mount maelstrom and and stopped. i had lvl 80 exotics from all the group events and world bosses i addictedly did. i wanted a mount due to i was burnt out exploring. and yes, i was addicted to exploring due to the game's great immersion. i dove into pof.i did the sparkling a flame story and got the raptor and stopped doing the story. i did hearts, legendary bounties, and mastery points. my raptor gained canyon jumping. i wandered and explored until found the springer heart and got the springer mount. at this point, everything is failed. i wanted to look for the more mastery points. i reached the temple of komvir area. all i encountered were vet and champ mob groups.. my minions and dodging did not help. i died so many times. i am burnt out, overwhelmed, and confused on how to progress. at this point, i haven't logged in for days. any suggestions on how to progress pof?

@"Irensaga.6935" said:Are you asking how to get certain mastery points? Or are you asking how to get certain hero points? There's an interactive map halfway down this webpage you can reference:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Oasis

Or are you talking about somewhere in Desert Highlands?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Highlands

no. i have no clear way of doing pof.

1. should i do the pof story first?
  2. should i get hero points first?

I'd recommend following the story, it'll take you through all the pof maps so you should be able to find some hero points and explore along the way. If you're struggling with the combat, I'd suggest looking for a guild or friends to show you the ropes. You could also post your server region (EU/NA) and maybe find some helpers that way

You can do both things. One tries to get as many hp as you can on each map to unlock your elite spec. Then, one farms mastery points to upgrade your mounts.

The hardest part has always been getting raptor to 3,so op is already past the hardest hurdle.

Now, where to get more Mastery points? some are displayed in the map, others are hidden behind achievements. Open your hero panel, go to achievements, and check the pof ones that award mastery points on each map.

Also, don't raise any mount beyond third level until you have all mounts on that level.

@Torqiseknite.1380 said:I'd recommend following the story, it'll take you through all the pof maps so you should be able to find some hero points and explore along the way. If you're struggling with the combat, I'd suggest looking for a guild or friends to show you the ropes. You could also post your server region (EU/NA) and maybe find some helpers that way

tyvm

@Skotlex.7580 said:You can do both things. One tries to get as many hp as you can on each map to unlock your elite spec. Then, one farms mastery points to upgrade your mounts.

The hardest part has always been getting raptor to 3,so op is already past the hardest hurdle.

Now, where to get more Mastery points? some are displayed in the map, others are hidden behind achievements. Open your hero panel, go to achievements, and check the pof ones that award mastery points on each map.

Also, don't raise any mount beyond third level until you have all mounts on that level.

tyvm

@MysticReaper.4318 said:

@"Irensaga.6935" said:Are you asking how to get certain mastery points? Or are you asking how to get certain hero points? There's an interactive map halfway down this webpage you can reference:

Or are you talking about somewhere in Desert Highlands?

no. i have no clear way of doing pof.
  1. should i do the pof story first?
  2. should i get hero points first?

I'd agree with the others. Do the story first. Only do enough of the other map completion stuff to get what you need to complete the story. You can always come back and do map completion and grind masteries later.

Archived