Berserker OW options

Thorstienn.1642

Hey all. So I have been working on clearing the map/story with my Berserker, standard condi-metabattle build, and I'm finding it very slow and frustrating at times especially in comparison to my SpellBreaker.Killing mobs is fine, survivability is ok (a little annoying in HoT etc), but certain objectives (turrets, idols, etc) a d bosses/elites that only give me small windows of offense are a real pain point.I was hoping that just changing a weapon (eg GS instead of bow) might help? Or maybe even just throwing on zerker/soldier gear (as I have tones of early dungeon tokens) would do the trick?Overall I'm looking for some changes I can easily swap out for OW, without having to change all my traits and spec; I still like to queue for dungeons etc while clearing.Any ideas?

TL:DR, what "power" weapon suits Berserker best for more burst? Zerker gear to compliment or other options? Dont want to trait/spec change just for Open World.

@"Thorstienn.1642" said:Hey all. So I have been working on clearing the map/story with my Berserker, standard condi-metabattle build, and I'm finding it very slow and frustrating at times especially in comparison to my SpellBreaker.Killing mobs is fine, survivability is ok (a little annoying in HoT etc), but certain objectives (turrets, idols, etc) a d bosses/elites that only give me small windows of offense are a real pain point.I was hoping that just changing a weapon (eg GS instead of bow) might help? Or maybe even just throwing on zerker/soldier gear (as I have tones of early dungeon tokens) would do the trick?Overall I'm looking for some changes I can easily swap out for OW, without having to change all my traits and spec; I still like to queue for dungeons etc while clearing.Any ideas?

TL:DR, what "power" weapon suits Berserker best for more burst? Zerker gear to compliment or other options? Dont want to trait/spec change just for Open World.

i would run a build like this if you are really struggling http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR3enMdAddglkCeeAEliFiAzIAEBGAvF3lb0Fp113eeA-jRSBABAcBAKS53Nq/EhSQyPIAU8AAoZ/BU0N0xRAAA-e

the synergy is insane!1) sustain

• passive heal from healing signet
  • adrenal health when using bursts
  • rousing resilience when breaking stuns
  • if this is till not enough swap berserkers power for might makes right
  • evade on greatsword 3
  • block on shield 5
  • condi cleanse when swapping to axe

^ all of this together and the warrior can last forever with proper movement

2) damage

• greatsword + axe are the hardest hitting weapons
  • berserkers power
  • peak performance (using throw bolas for a +20% damage boost)
  • breaking a stun (rousing risilience) affects armored attacks so the 1000 toughness will also affect the 10% toughness to power ratio
  • activating berserk gains +7% dmg and another +10% dmg

you will have to swap traits obviously, as you first said you are using a condi build, and now you ask for a power weapon?unless you want a condi build with a power weapon (that will apply no conditions) which i doubt will work

the gear and the runes+ sigils are fairly budget friendly, and will last you a long rime (untill repalced with ascended gear)

enjoy

@melandru.3876Thanks for that. I will definitely give GS, axe /shield a try. I figured I would need to change gear, as my candi gear just doesn't add anything to those weapons, so thanks there.Re the not changing traits; I run discipline (generic), and arms (get some condi from crits and negligible increase to fire damage). Berserker heat the soul should be the only thing I really have to change. So i just wasn't too worried about that.

Whenever they bring in build saves though, I will definitely give the whole build a shot.Thanks.

I played a build similar to Melandru's and I found it pretty interesting, though I didn't find I was being hit with enough stuns to justify all the breaking skills on the hot bar he is recommending.

I think my biggest hang up with Berserker in OW is that you just have way to long to wait to use Berserker mode because of the requirement of adrenaline; I've killed Veterans before I had enough adrenaline to go berserk on them ... so basically, Berserker traitline is a waste in most of your OW fights. I think EVERY berserker OW build needs to have Sundering Leap to open so you can instantly go into Berserker to help with that. Can you post the build you use? That would help quite a bit to make suggestions.

@Obtena.7952 not sure how to post a build. But I use the Fractal Condi DPS build in Meta battle.Was ideally hoping to swap in a couple different weapons (GS and Axe/x) and maybe Knights or Zerker gear and be relatively good to go; that way would be ab easy gear swap back for dungeons/fractals etc.Really hoping for saved builds, would make it much easier Haha.

@Obtena.7952 said:I played a build similar to Melandru's and I found it pretty interesting, though I didn't find I was being hit with enough stuns to justify all the breaking skills on the hot bar he is recommending.

I think my biggest hang up with Berserker in OW is that you just have way to long to wait to use Berserker mode because of the requirement of adrenaline; I've killed Veterans before I had enough adrenaline to go berserk on them ... so basically, Berserker traitline is a waste in most of your OW fights. I think EVERY berserker OW build needs to have Sundering Leap to open so you can instantly go into Berserker to help with that. Can you post the build you use? That would help quite a bit to make suggestions.

adrenaline should never be an issue

• signet of fury gives instantly 30 adrenaline if taken, and if used
  • to the limit gives instantly 30 adrenaline if taken, if used
  • headbut + outrage gives instant 30 adrenaline if used + u break the self stun off headbutwith outrage, proccing rousing risilience

^ out of those 3 things listed we can do atleast 1, headbut + outrage without any change at all

a build for open world shouldn't just be copied, this is a core, the skeleton alter it to your likingsshake it off is not only a stunbreak, also your condi cleanse

personally i'd never run defense in open world, but i'm not the one struggling. OP needs to learn how to play, then he can slowly and bit by bit remove some build-in defenses and focus more on offensethat means swapping defense for discipline,swapping offhand shield for offhand axe

Archived