FPS on Windowed Fullscreen

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to look for some support here - I have dual monitors and I play the game in Windowed Fullscreen mode in one of the screens.

Oddly enough, when I click out of the game (i.e. open chrome or watch a show, or really anything that has the game running in a background), my fps in the game is clocking 90-110 fps. But when I click into the game, my fps instantly drops to 40-50.

My system specs are:i7 6700k - 4.8GhzGTX 1080Ti

I have tried pretty much everything from checking mouse polling rates, changing in game settings, running as admin, checking the box to override DPI thing in properties.

Please help. :(

CPU und GPU are not your system specs. Your system specs include all relevant information, for instance, which OS you are using.

Edit:

You said you checked your in-game settings. Does that include removing FPS limitation in the graphics options? Furthermore, go into fullscreen mode, make sure you have set the same refresh rate as in your system's graphics settings, then switch back to windowed fullscreen.

You could also see if launching the game in windowed mode (by adding the -windowed parameter to your GW2 shortcut's properties) before changing it back to windowed fullscreen will solve the problem.

I just re-installed from scratch on my MacPro. That fixed another problem. However, when I logged in my frame rate was horrible, nearly unplayable. I did find a simple solution that worked for me although I don't understand why. I turned my all my graphics settings to the lowest possible. I set my refresh and frame limiter to fixed values 60/60. Then I set my graphics back to highest (which was my normal setting for the past few years); I manually set my LOD to low, and reset my frame limiter to "unlimited". Now I get great frame rates. NOTE! The FPS number shown on my interface still says 14-19 but it is clearly wrong because I get very smooth displays -- no drop out or choppy screens. I am playing on a 16Gb 2013 Mac Pro with 2 HiDef displays. I get the good frame rates even play streaming live movies on the other display. I wish I could explain why but give it a try.

Archived