Ascended Salvage Tool - was I just unlucky?

Hi everyone,

I used 4 Ascended Salvage Tools.

From 1 amulet I got: 2 Stabilizing MatricesFrom 1 back item I got: 5 +1 Agony InfusionsFrom 2 rings I got: 3 Stabilizing Matrices (each)And that's it, I got nothing else. I also had 3 Elder Wood Logs in my inventory, but could also be they were there before.

Now let's see what the description of the Salvage Tools says:Stabilizing Matrices can be salvaged from rings. Dark Energy and other items can be salvaged from weapons, armor, and other trinkets.

I got zero Dark Enery or any other items. Considering this, it looks like salvaging ascended items is just a waste?

4 salvages isn't anywhere near enough to establish a pattern of good or bad luck. There's a 50-50 chance of getting heads from a coin toss — you wouldn't think twice about 0/4 heads, so with drop rates far below 50% for Ascended gear, you shouldn't be surprised to get so little.

PS there really isn't a lot of good data on ascended salvage rates; it's too pricey for our usual researchers to buy/craft excess, without there being any likelihood of breaking even (never mind earning a profit).

So no, based on your sample size of four salvages, it doesn't look like salvaging is a waste; it just looks like your expectations weren't set appropriately before you started.

Archived