Change accesability to applying tactics

LionZero.3479

Currently i see more and more locations even fully upgraded without tactics in place.This means the system isn't working properly and puts to much pressure on the appearently to few guilds to apply them.

Right now you need a guildhall and have unlocked such accesability to use said tactics.It would be a great help if any guild without guildhall and without having unlocked said application perks could just use these tactic applications as before with hot where anyone could +5 without any treshholds.

While playing WvWvW we get skirmish chests, these can be used for tactics, however a guild that doesn't have such upgrades will have these tactics go up in thin air when using them.

My suggestion is to just remove any of these treshholds and let any person store, use and apply these tactics but let guilds still hold the veto on the claims and ability to adjust them.

Seems like a fair solution for people that want to help out but aren't apart of a gh'd guild, I mean it could be used by trolls as well, but then again the current system already sees that, so I don't see it getting worse.

I was inadvertanly repping a non gh guild once while opening skirmish tactics, luckily I only clicked about 10 before realizing and switched to my wvw guild. So yes, the tactics disappear when youre in that scenario and it really is of waste of rewards for players that are none the wiser.

@LionZero.3479 said:Currently i see more and more locations even fully upgraded without tactics in place.This means the system isn't working properly and puts to much pressure on the appearently apparently to few guilds to apply them.

You're not seeing them for 2 reasons:

1. As they still do not have a good way to prevent trolls pulling them, more and more guild leaders and others with the permissions are not spending the non-passive ones only to have them troll pulled.
  2. Since the removal of the damage reduction per tiers, most everything flips too frequently to make it worth spending ANY upgrades on any but the most defended strucutres (usually home garri and north towers).

Till something is done about those, OR the cost to acquire them is made lower (scribing is not cheap) I think you will see less and less.

I'm curious, but has anyone that did not have the upgrades, and their tactics went into limbo - when you finally upgraded guild hall to accomodate these things, did the tactics that went into limbo show up? Or are they permanently gone? I was under the assumption that they are "held" until the necessary upgrades to guild get unlocked, but if they aren't then I am wondering why they haven't done anything until now because I know it was brought up before when they were first released in skirmish chest.

Archived