I Beat The Eater of Souls...Without Lifting A Finger

Not exactly true...well to a degree. As a Necromancer I was struggling a lot. a lot of the ranged classes more adept to interrupting the EoS have done a lot better than me. But I took what other advice I had read and put it into practice, with a caveat. I used my minions AS my ranged attack, I stood way back way outside of the EoS aggro range. So while it took maybe 10 mins, the EoS without me triggering his actual attacks like the stomp or lifesteal, he just wandered around. he didn't attack the minions and they just chipped away at him. I just made sure that I had my minions if they tried to come back to me to turn face and resume the attack. easiest boss fight ever.

So, as I believe Bruce Lee once said, your minions are just an extension of yourself...or did he?;)

I'm an old, super casual, terribly bad player. and I passed it the first time with a Power Reaper Minion Master...and a staff. It took a while, but after I figured out to just stay away from the Eater of Souls, snipe at it with my staff, and let the minions swing at its back, and bite its ankles, it finally went down.

Then I came to the forums and saw all these posts saying it was impossible. ~scratches head~

Very clever! Our first try of this boss was so difficult, there werent any guides or anyone talking about it much at that point because it was late day1/early day2 of the expansion so we were flailing around wondering wtf we do to this thing that keeps healing to max. The only 'guide' available was a video of someone juking it, hiding behind some boxes and hitting it at range without it being able to approach them!It took us a little bit to realize what the mechanic was, but then it was figured out and it made the boss so much easier!I do wish a guest player in the instance has some better skills though, because the boons/condition make it essentially pointless to be part of the fight, you're basically just another target for the life drain to fuck things up!

I did the fight with a (casual) friend, the kind that doesn't want to change his build cause effort (He got the build template mod).

It took me a while, because even when I was dodging properly, my friend was getting hit and so the boss was healing.Eventually I just told him to run as soon as he does the specific animation, and we got it.

Yeah, not quite sure why people are exaggerating so much about the timing of this fight.

Archived