WvW Rolling Mists or Song of the Mists for 5-10 man group?

Helius.8321

For WvW small groups like 5-10 man. Do you revs think it's worth running Rolling Mists over Song of the Mists.This is for sword sword / staffWith RM you could swap gear to lower your crit % and gain more vitality and slightly more damage.With SotM you gain extra damage on legend swap, nice quickness when going into Shiro, and chill/burn when going into Glint. In our 10 man I swap Shiro for Dwarf for a bit of damage and get some barrier/apply weakness to up to 5 people.Only problem is that you don't always get the proc from SotM because you sometimes switch legends when you are not in range of enemies so it feels a waste sometimes.

With RM I only really have to worry about boonstrip but we know Revs can just pump out fury so RM feels like more consistent damage. And if I do run RM I can bring my crit % down to 35% (so RM would give me 75% with fury) while gaining 3k hp, 6% crit damage, and +50 power.

I'm having trouble letting SotM go because it's such a nice trait. Any opinions?

@Helius.8321 said:I'm having trouble letting SotM go because it's such a nice trait. Any opinions?

IMO, SotM is mostly a dueling or really small scale skirmish trait...

I'm not going to say that the extra damage/quickness/vuln/chill isn't nice, but there's going to be a lot of cleanse flying around and generally someone in your group will be doling out quickness anyways (unless somehow nobody's playing guard), both of which undermine a lot of the trait's strengths.

Now compare that to 20% crit chance, which is just always good and quite frankly a monster amount of pure stat weight--especially cuz you'll need to do your damage quickly and get out since Rev's make good focus targets. Also, SotM is used best in combo's, much like Equilibrium used to be, but trying to incorporate that in larger scale fights is super risky cuz competent players will know to focus a Rev immediately after they legend swap since they will only have one stunbreak and no energy reset... If there's like 8-10 players around, it's usually best not to go double-legend- all-in on somebody, which is definitely what the SotM play style encourages.