Questions about Smokescale pet abilities and soulbeast that I need help with — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Questions about Smokescale pet abilities and soulbeast that I need help with

Sparrow.5936Sparrow.5936 Member ✭✭

Hey , long time player, but semi new to ranger/soulbeast and i had some questions about the Smokescale Pet abilities that I defer to you experts:

1) The Smoke Cloud ability: The evades and condition immunity is only for the pet itself , right? No effect on player other than a combo field ?
2) What if I use the smoke cloud and then merge/ go into beastmode? Does the smoke cloud then do anything for the player other then combo field ?
3) The Soulbeast trait 'Live Fast' states that when using a 'beast' ability you gain quickness and fury, yet I only seem to receive those boons when using a 'beast' ability in beastmode. Does it not give boons when you use a 'beast' ability outside of beastmode ?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Comments

• Eurantien.4632Eurantien.4632 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019
    1. Correct.
    2. No.
    3. Correct. Note: Beastmastery traits that affect beast skills affect both pet and merged skills however. That being said, these traits don't all behave the same way for merged skills.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.