My idea for Mid Ranged Core Dagger/Torch for Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

This my idea and concept for Revenant Mid-Range mainhand Dagger/Off Hand TorchI know World of Warcraft is a bit hated in this circle but they have great ideas and concepts and I dont mind borrowing some of them for my idea concept here.

Dagger main handTook inspiration from WoW's Warlock Drain Life Animation

Skill 1) Soul Leash - Channeled 900 range ability that Deals damage and allow movement. Functions in two ticks, First tick apply Burning, second tick cause Torment. Second tick heals nearby allies at target location for a small decent amount. Uses Wow Warlock's Drain Life animation, and works pretty much similar channel as Mesmer Greatsword auto attack.

Skill 2) Grim Reach- Similar animation to Avatar of Death Finisher/Jack-in-the-Box Scythe, But with the Avatar of Death as a Spirit that burst from a portal rift and does a large AoE Swipe with their scythe. The Portal Burst is a Blast Finisher and the Scythe swing triggers Whirl Finisher.

Skill 3) Rift Leap- This is movement skill. Teleporting to targeted location, leaving behind a mist copy of yourself that explodes after 1.5 seconds damaging nearby enemies and applying Confusion and inspiring allies at destination with Regeneration and 1 Condition removal.

Now to the Torch. I took some inspiration from Elder Scrolls Online and WoW for it.

Skill 4) Spirit Forge Altar - Inspired by the Altar skills in Elder Scrolls online for animation, This another channel skill but movement interrupts this skill. Summon forth a Powerful Forge Altar from the Mist at the chosen location, that radiates the flames that Burn enemies near it, and converts Conditions on allies near it into Boons. Take small amount of damage for each boon is created this way. Similar AoE burning pulsing like Hellfire from WoW.

Skill 5) Blinding Mist- PBAoE Blind that stealth you for 2 seconds.

Now for these two weapons, its different enough from Shortbow in that its not a projectile finisher.Also as a core weapon it fits dual roles of both Ranged Conditions, but also Ranged Support. May not be the best for Melee, but the off hand Torch could combo with Mace for the defensive addition and same with Main Hand Sword/ Torch for a stealth melee build.

But its just an idea. hope you like. good night.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:This my idea and concept for Revenant Mid-Range mainhand Dagger/Off Hand TorchI know World of Warcraft is a bit hated in this circle but they have great ideas and concepts and I dont mind borrowing some of them for my idea concept here.

Dagger main handTook inspiration from WoW's Warlock Drain Life Animation

Skill 1) Soul Leash - Channeled 900 range ability that Deals damage and allow movement. Functions in two ticks, First tick apply Burning, second tick cause Torment. Second tick heals nearby allies at target location for a small decent amount. Uses Wow Warlock's Drain Life animation, and works pretty much similar channel as Mesmer Greatsword auto attack.

Skill 2) Grim Reach- Similar animation to Avatar of Death Finisher/Jack-in-the-Box Scythe, But with the Avatar of Death as a Spirit that burst from a portal rift and does a large AoE Swipe with their scythe. The Portal Burst is a Blast Finisher and the Scythe swing triggers Whirl Finisher.

Skill 3) Rift Leap- This is movement skill. Teleporting to targeted location, leaving behind a mist copy of yourself that explodes after 1.5 seconds damaging nearby enemies and applying Confusion and inspiring allies at destination with Regeneration and 1 Condition removal.

Now to the Torch. I took some inspiration from Elder Scrolls Online and WoW for it.

Skill 4) Spirit Forge Altar - Inspired by the Altar skills in Elder Scrolls online for animation, This another channel skill but movement interrupts this skill. Summon forth a Powerful Forge Altar from the Mist at the chosen location, that radiates the flames that Burn enemies near it, and converts Conditions on allies near it into Boons. Take small amount of damage for each boon is created this way. Similar AoE burning pulsing like Hellfire from WoW.

Skill 5) Blinding Mist- PBAoE Blind that stealth you for 2 seconds.

Now for these two weapons, its different enough from Shortbow in that its not a projectile finisher.Also as a core weapon it fits dual roles of both Ranged Conditions, but also Ranged Support. May not be the best for Melee, but the off hand Torch could combo with Mace for the defensive addition and same with Main Hand Sword/ Torch for a stealth melee build.

But its just an idea. hope you like. good night.

I love your Idea because I wanted a warlock in this game at least in spirit, and rev would fit it perfectly. But I will say id REALLY want focus rather than torch only because one it would be thematic for an occultist to have it. And two We would look good with it and it might be one of the few times that focus had the chance to shine as its kinda crap on everything else where torch actually does shine on Berserker, messmer and necro.