Exploring the map but skipping hearts

Hi! With the relase of PoF I wanted wait to do all the content of the core game and HoT before jumping in the new maps. I've never completed any story in 3 years (Just got to lvl 60 personal story chapter) and I've never done map completion.

The thing is, I've completed a lot of maps again and again, and I've reached ~80% map completion in some characters so I'm bored of it. However, I was thinking about it and realised that the only thing that stops me from getting map completion are the Renown Hearts. They take too long to complete and there are 303 of them. I'll eventually finish full map completion (When I start making a legendary), but for now, if I only want to get the map explored to have access to all zones and HP's, is it a good Idea to skip renown hearts?

You miss:

• a lot of free karma
  • several unique skins
  • lots of collections, some result in AP only, some grant MP, others grant ascended gear
  • access to special crafts, potions and food which drastically increases your stats
  • the ability to sell your trash in the field, without summoning a BL trader

and I guess I forgot a lot more.

You do not have to do the hearts by doing the given task. Most heart-quests have at least one dynamic event close, where you slay random enemies. Those make your progression bar full in no time. You can still travel arround in the maps, but if you spot an event, do it. Ofcourse there are hearts, which are not connected to an event. But you can get a lot of stuff done, simply by doing events.

Sounds still boring:How about the daily events? Check the dailies and travel to the map with the events task. There are usually several commanders taged up, you get events highlighted via mapchat, mostly with a waypoint link. Travel there, have fun with a large group of people. If you stay a little longer, you can also gain a good load of karma, some bonus loot and ofcourse finish some of the hearts.

I would do hearts last when I was doing map completion because I too dislike doing them. There just isn't that momentum that you get with running around and getting POIs and vistas. But if you've already done everything else, just.... do them. Lmao. It seems like you think there's too many, but if you do a few every play session or maybe a map a day, it goes by quickly. It isn't really that much.

I finished map completion once, and swore I'd never bother with another reknown heart ever again. So if I do "map completion" these days, I just grab everything else and ignore hearts.

It's a choice, you lose something, you gain something else (time to do other things you enjoy), you just have to decide for yourself what is most valuable for you.

Edit: When they first announced repeatable hearts I seriously thought it was aprils fool, couldn't imagine a worse feature myself. But it seems others like it, and I can just flat out ignore them shrug

Archived