DC'ing during The Departing

Yes, same shit here. Do the instance, kill the Soul Eater, talk to Joko and the very second I'm done talking to Joko, disconnect. Twice in a row at the exact same spot. I really, really, REALLY don't want to play that thing a third time with the same result.

same here...First I would DC right before the cut scene on balthazar.. did it 2 more times before it finally let me into the next part. Made it all the way past the soul eater and had just finished speaking with joko when it dced again. Now I'm back at balthazar and have DCed 2 more times at the cut scene... getting really frustrated.

I've had some luck with this, but I still get disconnected sometimes.

Right click the shortcut you use to start GW2.Click "Properties", then select the Shortcut Tab, if it's not already on that tab.In the field next to "Target" you should see something like, "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe"At the end of that line, hit space and type -clientport 443.It should now look like this, "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -clientport 443

Now, click the "Compatibility" tab.Near the bottom, put a check in the box labeled, "Run this program as an administrator."Click Apply, then OK

You can also try -clientport 80

Another report for me of this same issue. I had it the first time through the story, it took maybe 10 attempts to get beyond this point. Now the same again on an alt - after my character tells Joko "I don't need you", disconnect. My internet connection is stable, and the fact it happens at the exact same point every time can't be a coincidence.

Even if you don't know the cause of this issue, please at least add a checkpoint so we don't have to repeat this lengthy mission over and over and over again from the start. I'm giving up trying until I hear from Anet that this has been fixed.

@Zakmyrr.6389 said:I've had some luck with this, but I still get disconnected sometimes.

Right click the shortcut you use to start GW2.Click "Properties", then select the Shortcut Tab, if it's not already on that tab.In the field next to "Target" you should see something like, "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe"At the end of that line, hit space and type -clientport 443.It should now look like this, "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -clientport 443

Now, click the "Compatibility" tab.Near the bottom, put a check in the box labeled, "Run this program as an administrator."Click Apply, then OK

Going to try this!

@Zakmyrr.6389 said:I've had some luck with this, but I still get disconnected sometimes.

Worked for me!

Archived