In-game Guild Browser

maddoctor.2738

I know we have the https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild forum category, however, I think having an in-game guild browser would be an excellent addition to the game. Of course only guilds that want to advertise will be included on the list. Guild Leaders and anyone they give permission to will be able to post a short message that will appear on a list similar to the LFG window.

Benefits:Guilds won't need to spam on multiple zones for recruitment, or at least not as much as they do now (not everyone will use the browser)Guilds will get what they want. A PVP guild can advertise for PVP players of a certain rank for example or a WvW guild can ask for Tempests, or a Raid guild for Chronomancers and so onIt will give easier access to training guilds for Fractals and Raids, so new players won't have to search through the LFG to find what they are looking for

Thoughts?

@Flatley.1620 said:Yes, I like this idea. However, it won't stop the spammers - they love it! =)

I'll agree with liking this idea. However I don't love spamming my recruitment message in chat, I try to keep it to a, once every thirty minutes schedule. But yeah, there are a lot of the larger guilds that you will see spamming everytime you look around lol.

One minor worry is that whatever guilds happens to be on the top of this in-game browser will likely get the most recruits (Human nature, click the first one that looks tempting). This might create some kind of trying to game the system, by naming or manipulating to stay on top in the list. Just something to keep in mind (For ANet if they do this, a way to counteract that).

I don't think this is a bad idea, but I also think that the "personal contact" with talking with a recruiter is an important part of finding a guild/community to belong to. I do worry that such a system would degrade into "click here to join, no need to say a word!"

Archived