PvP Plat 2: condi Soulbeast double dagger/shortbow

CroTiger.7819

@Dahkeus.8243 said:Very interesting. Could you share the build? I don't see it in the vid.

Thanks man... Actually i have video guide ready and now im going to upload. Will be on youtube tonight and than i will link it here when its uploaded.Build is nerfed in this balance patch but main ideas are same and now splited because only 1 pet in combat but you definitly need to check out video if you wanna theorycraft around that.

@lare.5129 said:I create this d/d+sh bow biuld yesterday. Mostly how I see it 1:1No wins for me. Greetings from silver.

Patch kinda kills the build utility so it need to be adapted to having 1 pet. Before patch both pets was very much needed and had their own role but right now i need to split that idea in 2 variants and will talk about that when im ready.

I've been playing mostly this kind of variant of the build since the patch dropped : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUxjlFw6YSMPmJWcPlv3SmQaA-zZx8USRCkpIoXhQ+KA3OA .WS/Skirm/SLB with Wizard amulet.Partially inspired by your try to make condi viable before, and partly cause it's been a while since I played condi in any ranger build.It's not really broken as a number of stuff atm but a pretty good take, almost old mirage-like due to it's ability to deal dmg while being elusive.Due to it being hybrid you can actually burst people in a variety of way and it's good at outsustaining the fight.I'm not really sure on the runes here, I've been using 4-5 different ones depending on the situation.For 2v2 usually using Bear stance since ally can make use of it too and I'm not pushing far solo like in conquest.

@"Atronach.8520" said:I've been playing mostly this kind of variant of the build since the patch dropped : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAUxjlFw6YSMPmJWcPlv3SmQaA-zZx8USRCkpIoXhQ+KA3OA .WS/Skirm/SLB with Wizard amulet.Partially inspired by your try to make condi viable before, and partly cause it's been a while since I played condi in any ranger build.It's not really broken as a number of stuff atm but a pretty good take, almost old mirage-like due to it's ability to deal dmg while being elusive.Due to it being hybrid you can actually burst people in a variety of way and it's good at outsustaining the fight.I'm not really sure on the runes here, I've been using 4-5 different ones depending on the situation.For 2v2 usually using Bear stance since ally can make use of it too and I'm not pushing far solo like in conquest.

I see what you done here, good job... I came to similar solution after patch to kick beastmastery if played with smokescale main. Poison master aswell as wilting strike are good choice on low cd birds but not for smokescale. Only difference is that i tryed nature magic instead of skirmishing because i traited fresh reinforcment. Wizard amulet is way to go if you play hybrid but shortbow scales bad with power thats why i played it with s/wh and a/d and it works fine. Im glad you like mirage rune on that build you can also try grove because its nice passive regen and can be used for cleanse combined with many projectile finishers. I like nature magic more for hybrid because warhorn works nice with vulture stance and it gives pet fury aswell which you are lacking in that build. Fury on pet is important if you want spike with smokescale first during vulture stance and one wolf pack proc. There are alot of variations i still can t tell which one works best for me because i miss old build where i had nice covers and dmg from bird and great spike with vulture stance+ smokescale at once...

What i did tried today is this:

Appeciate you response.
I tried NM as well, and I agree it synergizes the best with axe MH due to axe3 inflicting weakness as well. But smth, I don't like axe now at all. Feels pretty clunky, might stacking is non existent, and overall the only thing that does dmg is the said axe3. So you live and you die by axe3. Also, enemies that try to dance you in melee can evade your skills just by moving, which is not the case with SB. I kinda think NM is for a more of bunker/node holder build, while skirm is better for pushing far and actually evading stuff.I know SB scales poorly with power, but take a look at the axe now - pretty much same story. The thing is SD combo itself has some pretty lowkey dmg now.For example a good dmg combo is monarch's leap(cripple), dagger 4(which deals 2 additional poison and 2x dmg to crippled targets, and then serpents strike. This leaves you foe with 7 stacks of poison + some nice power dmg to fill in and every stack of poison is 170ish heal and dmg due to predator's cunning. This is mainly the reason I wanna stick to the SD combo.They didnt nerf dmg on serpents strike and CDs are the same on the monarch's chain. I also wanna keep the predators cunning synergy, where there's an argument to drop it if you dont run SBow.I don't think the torch is good still, it kinda fits in with the trapper build which has problems atm and ranger has no way to capitalize on burning that much.As for WH I agree it fits in with the NM pretty much.I would love to make dagger more viable, but it lacks the mobility the sword provides. Worked well when you could run birds alongside the smokescale as you did but imo a bit harder to pull of now. If Dagger3 had some evade or longer distance leap, I would go all in on it.I totally agree on the survival package, it's pretty much mandatory in this condish meta. Entangle works well with leadership and I used it pre patch on core power ranger as well.Gonna try Rabid more and see how well it fits into all this.

@Atronach.8520 said:Appeciate you response.

I tried NM as well, and I agree it synergizes the best with axe MH due to axe3 inflicting weakness as well. But smth, I don't like axe now at all. Feels pretty clunky, might stacking is non existent, and overall the only thing that does dmg is the said axe3. So you live and you die by axe3. Also, enemies that try to dance you in melee can evade your skills just by moving, which is not the case with SB. I kinda think NM is for a more of bunker/node holder build, while skirm is better for pushing far and actually evading stuff.I know SB scales poorly with power, but take a look at the axe now - pretty much same story. The thing is SD combo itself has some pretty lowkey dmg now.For example a good dmg combo is monarch's leap(cripple), dagger 4(which deals 2 additional poison and 2x dmg to crippled targets, and then serpents strike. This leaves you foe with 7 stacks of poison + some nice power dmg to fill in and every stack of poison is 170ish heal and dmg due to predator's cunning. This is mainly the reason I wanna stick to the SD combo.They didnt nerf dmg on serpents strike and CDs are the same on the monarch's chain. I also wanna keep the predators cunning synergy, where there's an argument to drop it if you dont run SBow.I don't think the torch is good still, it kinda fits in with the trapper build which has problems atm and ranger has no way to capitalize on burning that much.As for WH I agree it fits in with the NM pretty much.I would love to make dagger more viable, but it lacks the mobility the sword provides. Worked well when you could run birds alongside the smokescale as you did but imo a bit harder to pull of now. If Dagger3 had some evade or longer distance leap, I would go all in on it.I totally agree on the survival package, it's pretty much mandatory in this condish meta. Entangle works well with leadership and I used it pre patch on core power ranger as well.Gonna try Rabid more and see how well it fits into all this.

Yes axe is not best with power too i know. What i wanted from it is fast cover condi and warhorn serve same way and thats one reason i play dagger MH in video. D/D is also good with quickness and actually deals more poison than sword because of autoattack and skill 2 can be prebuffed but yes it lacks mobility+evade. Playing with smokescale can save lack of dodge because of 2 leap finishers but mobility stays bad for sure. I liked idea on this build to have unblockable 3sec stun because of marksmanship line while i get cover condis and nice stacking of vuln and cripple which helps me hit and keep range with dagger. Monarch leap+ stalker defense+serpent strike is great combo been using it all time especially with mirage rune but now on dagger u have any fury to proc cripple so u can do it more sneaky (its for example autoattacking just proc quicking zephyr and stalker defense imidietly :)Try sunless rune with entangle thats the combo not leadership... Ill give sword try with myn build since mainhand dagger is hard to take serious even though i see some potential with it. Our shortbow is fastest weapon ingame probly and you are right about sb being realiable choice. I think u need to find some cover condi for that build but not sure since ur hybrid and don t rally on condis only. Good thing is predators cunning stays same and brings hope for condi ranger.