Cheap gear for condi soulbeast?

Sodeni.6041

I primarily play Power Soulbeast, but for a cheap alternative to Viper's, I personally run Carrion (Condition Damage, Power, Vitality). It's very cheap (less than 1g for the named exotic pieces), it has Condition Damage as the main stat, and if you run Wilderness Survival, you can take a trait that grants you Expertise based on your Vitality.

Rampager's is another possible option (Condition Damage, Precision and Power) if you run a build that applies extra conditions on crit. It would up your damage, but lower your condition duration (assuming you took the trait I mentioned above) and survivability.

As for Runes, I chose Rune of the Krait (improves condition damage with a focus on bleeding, 1s each) and Sigil of Earth.

These suggestions aren't going to fully replace Viper's by any means, but it'll let you pack a little punch on an extremely tight budget.

@Aomine.5012 said:cheapest way to get Viper without spending anything is via pvp / wvw armor reward track.

They can select any stats, even the most expensive trailblazer.

hmm? Correct me If I am wrong, I have no idea if Viper is included on the regular armor sets, I do know that they are available through the league vendor ones. Unless they changed this on the regular reward tracks

Sinister is relatively inexpensive compared to viper and trailblazer. Dire is still decent for a defensive set and rampagers is really cheap if gold is a big issue. Look for the named sets.on the TP.

Also, the triumphant armor reward track (PvP equivalent as well) has selectable stats with I think almost every stat set in the game, certainly all the HoT and PoF stats.

@StickerHappy.8052 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:cheapest way to get Viper without spending anything is via pvp / wvw armor reward track.

They can select any stats, even the most expensive trailblazer.

hmm? Correct me If I am wrong, I have no idea if Viper is included on the regular armor sets, I do know that they are available through the league vendor ones. Unless they changed this on the regular reward tracks

PvP / WvW reward track armors (NOT the Dungeon reward track) can select any stat combo.

@Syreas.8403 said:I primarily play Power Soulbeast, but for a cheap alternative to Viper's, I personally run Carrion (Condition Damage, Power, Vitality). It's very cheap (less than 1g for the named exotic pieces), it has Condition Damage as the main stat, and if you run Wilderness Survival, you can take a trait that grants you Expertise based on your Vitality.

Rampager's is another possible option (Condition Damage, Precision and Power) if you run a build that applies extra conditions on crit. It would up your damage, but lower your condition duration (assuming you took the trait I mentioned above) and survivability.

As for Runes, I chose Rune of the Krait (improves condition damage with a focus on bleeding, 1s each) and Sigil of Earth.

These suggestions aren't going to fully replace Viper's by any means, but it'll let you pack a little punch on an extremely tight budget.

Thanks! I just bought a full carrion set from wvw :)

You said you use sigil of earth, whats your second sigil?

@Sodeni.6041 said:

Thanks! I just bought a full carrion set from wvw :)

You said you use sigil of earth, whats your second sigil?

I don't remember off the top of my head but it's definitely not optimized. I can give better recommendations if you let me know your weapon and skill loadout, but I would recommend Venom to help stack Poison on your targets more easily. Particularly if you use the Viper's Nest utility, daggers, or shortbow.

Also, I just want to add that Sigil of Earth isn't a perfect pick either because you won't have a high crit chance with Carrion stats, but if you have any Fury in your build, it'll work better.

Archived