Noob question about Restoring Reprieve

Kurowolfe.7124

Pardon my being oblivious and dumb for a bit. I tried asking in LA, in EBG and even my guildmates on multiple occasions, but no one gave any answer. Might as well try here.Does Restoring Reprieve, the normal healing mantra for firebrands, only heals yourself and not your allies? I've only noticed the tooltip for the skill with the new major healing nerf on it, and noticed it's written as self-heal. While granting only aegis on allies when untraited.

@Kurowolfe.7124 said:Alright, thank you! Now it makes me wonder why it is seen as a necessary skill for support firebrands, if it only grants aegis to others.I'll swap to Receive the Light for support, and the Litany skill for the burn firebrand then

Restoring Reprieve is considered essential because it grants aegis. Also, it has the shortest CD of all the healing skills, suit's the best at procing Liberator's Vow (Grants quickness to others when using a healing skill), which is the main reason for running a support guardian.

But, with the nerf in WvW, the skill now heals for around 400 instead of the 2200 it used to be. And to me, aegis don't mean shit when you get CC'ed and pushed around like a ragdoll 6 times continuously on an improper zerg push. And bad calls happen.

I suppose it depends on the commanders then, I can adjust my skills to their needs and ask them in advance. Some exclusively wants us support firebrands to only heal and cleanse for some reason, and some only wants us to give as many stability stacks as possible, in face of the strong CC meta atm. Some want all, and I try my best to give all, while staying alive as long as possible xD

@"Kurowolfe.7124" said:But, with the nerf in WvW, the skill now heals for around 400 instead of the 2200 it used to be. And to me, aegis don't mean kitten when you get CC'ed and pushed around like a ragdoll 6 times continuously on an improper zerg push. And bad calls happen.

I suppose it depends on the commanders then, I can adjust my skills to their needs and ask them in advance. Some exclusively wants us support firebrands to only heal and cleanse for some reason, and some only wants us to give as many stability stacks as possible, in face of the strong CC meta atm. Some want all, and I try my best to give all, while staying alive as long as possible xD

It's taken because of the synergy with Pure of Heart from Honour trait line which heals on every Aegis proc - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_of_Heart

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

@"Kurowolfe.7124" said:But, with the nerf in WvW, the skill now heals for around 400 instead of the 2200 it used to be. And to me, aegis don't mean kitten when you get CC'ed and pushed around like a ragdoll 6 times continuously on an improper zerg push. And bad calls happen.

It's taken because of the synergy with Pure of Heart from Honour trait line which heals on every Aegis proc -

Really? For some reason I was assuming this was with regards to PvE.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

It's taken because of the synergy with Pure of Heart from Honour trait line which heals on every Aegis proc -

PVE is all roses and butterflies where healing and boons are still insansely high so it's even more relevant there I guess. Anyway, usually you don't run a healer FBbut if you must, I'd go with something like Seraph. In that case you take the bottom trait that gives might on crit.As for spvp/wvw, after anet gutted FB in competitive modes, don't quote me on that. But yes, even after the nerfs the mantra heal is THE best heal because of that trait synergy.

• 3 weeks later...

@ollbirtan.2915 said:

It's taken because of the synergy with Pure of Heart from Honor trait line which heals on every Aegis proc -

PVE is all roses and butterflies where healing and boons are still insanely high so it's even more relevant there I guess. Anyway, usually you don't run a healer FBbut if you must, I'd go with something like Seraph. In that case you take the bottom trait that gives might on crit.As for spvp/wvw, after anet gutted FB in competitive modes, don't quote me on that. But yes, even after the nerfs the mantra heal is THE best heal because of that trait synergy.

I agree... it is unfortunate that they nerfed Guardian's Restoring Reprieve but it is still the best heal that we have in PvP and often WvW as well. It is ONLY good because we still have Honor's Aegis that heals for 869 (at 1175 healing power) and Rune of the Flock which heals for 1,342 (at 1175 healing power) every 10 seconds, assuming you chose Weighty Terms to reduce your Mantra CD.

The #1 reason why I don't like the heal mantra nerf change is because it further pigeonhole's our FB builds. There's a night and day survivability difference between my Sage FB build and my Mender's FB build in PvP.... Mender's is now meta simply because I can survive a whole lot longer than Sage builds, or any other power/condi FB build :(!