Mastery Question — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mastery Question

According to the wiki, you unlock the Crystal Champion mastery line when you start Living Story Season 4. I don't HAVE Living Story Season 4, at least not the first episode, but I've unlocked all of the Crystal Champion Masteries anyway. Can someone tell me how I gained access to these? I HAVE done most of Season 3.

Comments

• Aaralyna.3104Aaralyna.3104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2019

Crystal Champion is unlocked after entering any Living World Season 4 map, except Sandswept Isles. As you mentioned you have no LWs4 this can't be how you got it. So now I wonder, did you maybe enter Icebrood Saga prologue "Grothmar Valley"? This may be counting as Season 4 somewhere as its part of the PoF interface as well in story and achievements.

P.S. Entering a LWs4 map is enough, you do not have to actually do the story.

• The Icebrood Saga came out this year but I unlocked Crystal Champion prior to this year. In fact, until just recently, I hadn't logged into this account since December 2018. I THOUGHT, perhaps wrongly, that those skills were unlocked when I was doing things with Aurene, in Tarir, during LS 3. It might have been a coincidence though.

In any case, I did the prologue of the Icebrood Saga with my other account and Crystal Champion wasn't unlocked. Guess I'll have to do at least part of LS 4. I really just want the dismount Mastery.

• You say you don't have the first episode of Living World Season 4. Have you any other Episodes of Season 4? Because that Mastery is unlocked when entering any Season 4 map (sans Sandswept Isles).

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

If OP dont know here are the episodes
    1 Daybreak
    2 A Bug in the System
    3 Long Live the Lich
    4 A Star to Guide Us
    5 All or Nothing
    6 War Eternal

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2019

@Teleri.7124 said:
    The Icebrood Saga came out this year but I unlocked Crystal Champion prior to this year. In fact, until just recently, I hadn't logged into this account since December 2018. I THOUGHT, perhaps wrongly, that those skills were unlocked when I was doing things with Aurene, in Tarir, during LS 3. It might have been a coincidence though.

In any case, I did the prologue of the Icebrood Saga with my other account and Crystal Champion wasn't unlocked. Guess I'll have to do at least part of LS 4. I really just want the dismount Mastery.

Living World Season 4 started on 28th of November 2017 (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_4). If you logged in at ANY point in time after that (and before the prologue episode now), you have at least 1 episode of LWS4 unlocked.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.