Too Much Might? Last Too Long?

Shao.7236

@Shao.7236 said:

@"eXruina.4956" said:I don't get why you bother to post here with the wrong context, it's almost as if you didn't read my post and just wanted to be funny because my apparent nonsensical criticism.

Ok.. you have a point, I was trying to be funny.. its honestly too tiresome to talk about these things nowadays. ^^

Let me explain, foremost Might generation is not a Warrior only thing, and Warrior Might generation is not as OP as you are trying to make it look. :D In fact other classes high uptime of boons like Quickness, Protection, Aegis, Stability, are far more polarized.

In PvEIts not even worth mentioning, if people spec'ed and built for individual high Might generation, then every class can self sustain a high amount of Might, its like the least exclusive boon there is. BUT even that is not needed you see since one Might sharing class is enough to sustain a high amount of Might FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP at a very high uptime.. So I don't even know where your argument is coming from here. ~____~"

In PvP/WvWI am not even going to mention 100% boon or Might duration builds for Warrior as it is TLDR and VERY, VERY UNCOMMON, almost non-existent actually, because Warrior outside of Spellbreaker doesn't really have many significant boons and the drawback from damage loss or precision loss from the gear sets like Commander's and Diviner's gear actually hurt more than help, so any common, power build Warriors will be running Berserker's or Marauder's (Training Wheels) gear.

Magebane Tether is the only skill/trait really worth mentioning bringing in a large amount of Might on its own, it falls off fairly quickly and this means you are running Spellbreaker, not all Warriros run Spellbreaker.

Warriors are very prone to kiting, Forceful Greatsword, adds very little Might on its own, unless you're fighting a target dummy caliber opponent, and even if you swap every 5 seconds utilizing Versatile Power and Sigil of Battle, the Might won't stick on you for long, also note you might not be running Sigil of Battle as there are more productive Sigils you can be running.

To enlighten you outside of the Might argument:

FYI.. It is not very productive for a Warrior to run around with 25 Might on certain matchups, any goodThief or Meesmer will steal that 25 Might along with other boons you have at that time, which is quite annoying.

Also in PvP, WvW in a duel setting, REVENANTS EAT WARRIORS.. when played at a certain skill level, if the Revenant doesn't misplay or the Warrior cannot maintain his pressure (if he ever manages to get the Rev low) ,its as good as over, but to know these sort of things you have had to have fought in such environments with that caliber of opponent.

The real trait that makes Warriors strong in a fight (for now at least) is Might Makes Right. It is ANETS way of bringing Warrior back into the fold after multiple nerfs to Warrior healing sustain (Damn you Gharm why can't i just say sustain now !@#$) by giving Warrior more active defenses, although I don't appreciate how much more productive and fun dodge spamming is in retrospect.

I hope I have helped this time and not just tried to be funny. >___~"

Edit: Grammar and Typo Check.. also thank you for thinking I am funny. ^^

Ah also, although I thoroughly support and am hopeful of the feedback threads ANET have started recently, its not the first time they "reached out to the community", you might even say they just want to let you "feel that you are involved", but take it with a grain of salt, I mean look at the state of combat in the game over the past years.

I leave the game design matters entirely to the devs, I have faith, I've had faith for 6 years, because I love this game, also its not like we "really" have a say in it. Hopefully they do pick up the good suggestions out of the many posts in the feedback thread. >___<

@"eXruina.4956" said:My guy, whether it can be stolen, removed, ripped , corrupted or whatever. The "Generation" is /fine/, the "duration" is /not/.

The way you seem to understand my take is that I want everything nerfed into the floor which is not my reasoning here, to say that it can be stolen by X profession still doesn't alleviate the fact that it's 25 Might and it's too much for either parties in solo.

To refuse the idea would be like me complaining that Condi Thief or Condi Mirage gets nerfed not because they do less damage as you would assume I play it, but because as a Condi Revenant they have less stacks for me to use against them, the problem whichever way goes is still a problem altogether.

Might Makes Right is a /balanced/ trait that doesn't need to be touched because without it any duelist Warrior is useless just like any Revenant without Riposting Shadows for kitting. Changing Might duration does not affect it whatsoever, it gives people a chance to fight with the oppressing force Warrior already manifests by it's existing stats and sustain.

The real design behind fights with it is not too utterly demolish someone in seconds while picking this trait, that's Berserker's Power job, when you pick this trait, you're expected to Ninja around and outpace someone with consistency and avoidance, but that combined with the often achieved 25 Might makes for an overpowered combination.

If anything, I would suggest Anet after the Might duration nerf to buff Berserker's Power with increased unique Might duration that goes over boon duration cap like Facet of Nature - Dragon so that in the philosophy of it you can be hitting this hard at the cost of sustain instead of having both and the added bonus of the trait damage.

To say that Warriors are weak to Revenants is also not true, they are evenly matched in Power Duels and with Full Counter in fact have an edge. Where Revenant does outperform Warrior is in condition situations.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"eXruina.4956" said:My guy, whether it can be stolen, removed, ripped , corrupted or whatever. The "Generation" is /fine/, the "duration" is /not/.

The way you seem to understand my take is that I want everything nerfed into the floor which is not my reasoning here, to say that it can be stolen by X profession still doesn't alleviate the fact that it's 25 Might and it's too much for either parties in solo.

To refuse the idea would be like me complaining that Condi Thief or Condi Mirage gets nerfed not because they do less damage as you would assume I play it, but because as a Condi Revenant they have less stacks for me to use against them, the problem whichever way goes is still a problem altogether.

Might Makes Right is a /balanced/ trait that doesn't need to be touched because without it any duelist Warrior is useless just like any Revenant without Riposting Shadows for kitting. Changing Might duration does not affect it whatsoever, it gives people a chance to fight with the oppressing force Warrior already manifests by it's existing stats and sustain.

The real design behind fights with it is not too utterly demolish someone in seconds while picking this trait, that's Berserker's Power job, when you pick this trait, you're expected to Ninja around and outpace someone with consistency and avoidance, but that combined with the often achieved 25 Might makes for an overpowered combination.

If anything, I would suggest Anet after the Might duration nerf to buff Berserker's Power with increased unique Might duration that goes over boon duration cap like Facet of Nature - Dragon so that in the philosophy of it you can be hitting this hard at the cost of sustain instead of having both and the added bonus of the trait damage.

To say that Warriors are weak to Revenants is also not true, they are evenly matched in Power Duels and with Full Counter in fact have an edge. Where Revenant does outperform Warrior is in condition situations.

Foremost, many things you are citing aren't even in my reply. *scratches head

Also this..

"To say that Warriors are weak to Revenants is also not true, they are evenly matched in Power Duels and with Full Counter in fact have an edge. Where Revenant does outperform Warrior is in condition situations."

Uhhuh.. ok then I'm just a scrub passing by, good day to you sir, don't think its worth wasting anymore of each others time. ;)

Since I have the spare time.. >___~

@Shao.7236 said:My guy, whether it can be stolen, removed, ripped , corrupted or whatever. The "Generation" is /fine/, the "duration" is /not/.

Edit: Just to be clear, I said carrying 25 Might into a fight against a good Thief or Mesmer, isn't always the brightest idea because it can be stolen. and you're saying here, it doesn't matter because "Generation" is /fine/, the "duration" is /not/. " Uhhhuh..

@Shao.7236 said:The way you seem to understand my take is that I want everything nerfed into the floor which is not my reasoning here, to say that it can be stolen by X profession still doesn't alleviate the fact that it's 25 Might and it's too much for either parties in solo

Correction That is what you say I am thinking.. ;D

@Shao.7236 said:To refuse the idea would be like me complaining that Condi Thief or Condi Mirage gets nerfed not because they do less damage as you would assume I play it, but because as a Condi Revenant they have less stacks for me to use against them, the problem whichever way goes is still a problem altogether.

What? No really, whaaaat? Condi Thief or Condi Mirage NERFED!? I said nothing about this but.. hmmmm.. I can't say i dislike this idea.. >:D

@Shao.7236 said:Might Makes Right is a /balanced/ trait that doesn't need to be touched because without it any duelist Warrior is useless just like any Revenant without Riposting Shadows for kitting. Changing Might duration does not affect it whatsoever, it gives people a chance to fight with the oppressing force Warrior already manifests by it's existing stats and sustain.

When did I mention anything about Might Makes Right being OP, or needing a nerf? Please no nerf noob Warrior.. please, please, nerf evil Condi Teefs and Mesmers instead.. OP OP OP ;O

@Shao.7236 said:The real design behind fights with it is not too utterly demolish someone in seconds while picking this trait, that's Berserker's Power job, when you pick this trait, you're expected to Ninja around and outpace someone with consistency and avoidance, but that combined with the often achieved 25 Might makes for an overpowered combination.

Again what does this have to do with my reply.

@Shao.7236 said:If anything, I would suggest Anet after the Might duration nerf to buff Berserker's Power with increased unique Might duration that goes over boon duration cap like Facet of Nature - Dragon so that in the philosophy of it you can be hitting this hard at the cost of sustain instead of having both and the added bonus of the trait damage.

Thats nice.. I like buffs, specially to Warrior. ;D

@Shao.7236 said:To say that Warriors are weak to Revenants is also not true, they are evenly matched in Power Duels and with Full Counter in fact have an edge. Where Revenant does outperform Warrior is in condition situations.

Again FYI not all Warriors are Spellbreakers.. or at least not all the time.. ;p But I'm sorry I'm just a random noob who doesn't know about fights or match ups, so please do carry on. ;) No really I am outclassed by many good players and I can't even scratch them.. T___T" You should fight all these great playesrs.. they're all around.. you will learn many things. ;D

Edit: For clarity and some typos. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

@Yzomandias.3698 said:lol.My whole solo pve build is based on generating might as warrior.And I solo grp events / champ mobs (not all of them sadly) :(Acly having a good and fun time after a while in gw2 playing the content solo with my offmeta build.

Anet dont nerf, kthx.

You forgot that WvW and PvP are the only modes the game has.

I know. I was surprised to find this out myself but the forums corrected my assumtption.

@thepenmonster.3621 said:

@Yzomandias.3698 said:lol.My whole solo pve build is based on generating might as warrior.And I solo grp events / champ mobs (not all of them sadly) :(Acly having a good and fun time after a while in gw2 playing the content solo with my offmeta build.

Anet dont nerf, kthx.

You forgot that WvW and PvP are the only modes the game has.

I know. I was surprised to find this out myself but the forums corrected my assumtption.

I do play wvw with warrior, but only as spellbreaker in zerg :lol:OP is most likely salty after losing 1v1 or getting ganked