DC'd During To Kill A God

Ankzu.2658

Today about an hour ago.... To Kill A God ..

Last thing I saw while cut screen played:http://i68.tinypic.com/24zhdh5.jpg

Then this happened....
http://i64.tinypic.com/fkp15e.jpg

not playing anymore until this kill is credited.3rd time within the POF storyline disconnects me at the beginning of the cut screen.Closing the cut screen does nothing.

• 1 year later...

@Ankzu.2658 said:Last night I was DC'd as the cutscene for To Kill A God was about to play. This morning I wanted to try it again but it seems to be impossible to get back to the entrance of the story to begin it again. Normally, you enter it via the previous story. I'd rather not have to do the previous story again as it was very lengthy. Am I missing an obvious route to the entrance?

3 Years later, this just happened to me now.

Spent who knows how long finishing the quest, spent another 30 min killing him, and right at the cut scene it disconnected me from the game and the quest is incomplete.... I'm PISSSEDDDD

• 8 months later...

Please don't report this as bug anymore, its already been reported literally thousands of times. Search the forum, there's long threads about the problem with hundreds of posts, and harassing the devs about it further won't get it fixed.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28354/storyline-disconnects-merged/p1(Go to the last page and work your way backwards for potential solutions.)

They're not going to update old content. As of Icebrood Saga we're getting checkpoints added in story missions.

• 10 months later...

Just experienced the bug today. I was frustrated out of my mind. After checking out the forum thread, at least I'm slightly happy to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. This is what happened:

1. cutscene plays

2. black screen for about 15 seconds

3. character select menu with "logged out" message

Is this chapter worth finishing? I'm even struggling to find a way back to the boss battle location. 

• 4 months later...

Yep, confirm this just happened to me in Feb 2022...

Is it even possible to get around this? Same thing as the other story mission where you drop your framerate or something..?

Edit: Just completed it. Getting back to the story point was a pain but it's possible with a rabbit with the tallest leap mastery thing. Drop your framerate in the options to 30 and just skip the cutscene and watch it on youtube, worked for me.

Edited by Hermos.2389

• 1 month later...