recent skill splittings are over the top

KrHome.1920

First of all, I (as a necro player) don't care about the recent necro nerfs. I said right from the beginning the best fix for core would be the increase of the life force degeneration to 5%. And I said paladin amulet should be removed. These two fixes would have solved all core necro problems overnight. No further adjustments would have been necessary.

Speaking about the general situation:What we have now (class wide) is a mess. PvE and PvP are like different games now. The classes feel competely differerent in different game modes. WvW is something in between. Why are some 4stat amulets treated differently than others (400 vs. 500 attribute points)?

That's not fun anymore. It kills the class identities in some game modes. And that's is not just skill splitting anymore. These are mechanical changes and unique dealings with problems that don't even fix these problems. The mess becomes more and more complex. What is the strategy behind this?

Killing build diversity while increasing complexity is not an achievement!

@KrHome.1920 said:First of all, I (as a necro player) don't care about the recent necro nerfs. I said right from the beginning the best fix for core would be the increase of the life force degeneration to 5%. And I said paladin amulet should be removed. These two fixes would have solved all core necro problems overnight. No further adjustments would have been necessary.

Speaking about the general situation:What we have now (class wide) is a mess. PvE and PvP are like different games now. The classes feel competely differerent in different game modes. WvW is something in between. Why are some 4stat amulets traded differently than others (400 vs. 500 attribute points)?

That's not fun anymore. It kills the class identities in some game modes. And that's is not just skill splitting anymore. These are mechanical changes and unique dealings with problems that don't even fix these problems. The mess becomes more and more complex. What is the strategy behind this?

Killing build diversity while increasing complexity is not an achievement!

It is not about killing build diversity, it is killing Profession roles

I REALLY liked the first balance, now this is just getting absurd. Removing amulets, changing toughness amounts to its own individual amount, like, Anet is literally slapping band-aid fixes everywhere to the point where you're going to have 527 healing power, 948 power, 450 vitality amulet, with some ICD trait line abilities with 5 minute cooldowns, while others have 1 minute cooldowns, and 30 second cooldowns with comparable strength. I'm starting to feel bad for newcomers of GW2 when they see this hot mess of a balance that doesn't make much sense

@"TheDeafGuy.4519" said:I REALLY liked the first balance, now this is just getting absurd. Removing amulets, changing toughness amounts to its own individual amount, like, Anet is literally slapping band-aid fixes everywhere to the point where you're going to have 527 healing power, 948 power, 450 vitality amulet, with some ICD trait line abilities with 5 minute cooldowns, while others have 1 minute cooldowns, and 30 second cooldowns with comparable strength. I'm starting to feel bad for newcomers of GW2 when they see this hot mess of a balance that doesn't make much sense

"Why is toughness out of place with other stasts, was it op?" "No it was because there was a bunkery meta, and anet feel that was the right call and not looking at what is making the classes unkillable themselves"

"Why are shared anguish, hard to catch, and last stand 5 minutes passives that can be trigger easily by a simple thief headshot when not needed, yet unholy sanctuary, a literal life saving passive was on a 30 second cd, and even now its only on a 2 minute cooldown?" " Well you see, I honestly don't know"

@TheDeafGuy.4519 said:I REALLY liked the first balance, now this is just getting absurd. Removing amulets, changing toughness amounts to its own individual amount, like, Anet is literally slapping band-aid fixes everywhere to the point where you're going to have 527 healing power, 948 power, 450 vitality amulet, with some ICD trait line abilities with 5 minute cooldowns, while others have 1 minute cooldowns, and 30 second cooldowns with comparable strength. I'm starting to feel bad for newcomers of GW2 when they see this hot mess of a balance that doesn't make much senseThanks, I could not have said it better! That's exactly what I am talking about.