Need help with build for soloing world and story

Wildmoon.6897

Hello, racently came back to guild wars after if remember correctly 7 years, the game feels fresh again. Started a new character boosted with the expansion boost, tried condition-mirage from snowcrows.com i like it, but sometimes when soloing champions and elites its really hard to kill them specialy when i mess up the rotation, i managed to do PoF (story and world 100%) and now i started with HoT and its just horrible i'm dieing on almost every single elite or champion and even veterans just destroy me. I use exotic carrion gear for my condition mirage, because its cheap and i cant afford to make acendant gear, for runes i run traveller runes in armor and i use sigils corruption and energy. I'm thinking maybe i should switch to the power variant and maybe chronomancer i dont have much gold (around 30), but from what i counted i could afford a full set of berserker gear.

Could anyone give me some tips and ideas how to not get destroyed in HoT maps (please link builds if possible)?

The condi mirage build on metabattle is really easy to play.

If you want brain dead easy you can swap your weapons to double staff (energy sigils) and chaos instead of dueling. Or use the old Axe/Torch/Staff variant for a bit more damage but maybe a little less survival.

Trailblazers Armour makes the Staff version comically tough to kill. But if you can't get it you can use Dire.

The double staff condi mirage @"dandamanno.4136" advised is quite strong and very safe will work very well in open world. I will add the link of the build he is talking about here https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mirage_-_Staff/Staff_Infinite_Horizon (yea maybe trabilizer's stats will work better I am too yolo so I use Viper's instead)(Edit: just noticed that the metabattle build is a lil outdated, change Ineptitude to Deceptive Evasion and Chaotic Interruption to Bountiful Disillusionment)

Here is another build for power chrono that I use quite often when doing stuff solo.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiBBwyx3lVwmYesNWJW6WaNdA-zRIYR0zPGNrgKpgpB-eIt is quite good vs those single target random bosses with breakbars, and focus has a very strong pull when you need to cleave many mobs at once. Unless you wanna engage in a particularly difficult fight where survivability is very important, I'd stick to power chrono, it kills things way faster, but is a little more difficult to play compared to staff mirage. With power chrono you got permanent quickness might and fury which makes it one of the best solo builds in open world and it got the benefit of being power and you don't rely on torment and confusion condi mechanics to be favorable for your encounters. Not as safe as mirage, but way more dps and cc. You could swap the bloodlust sigils with accuracy or impact. I just find those bloodlust sigils extremely strong when fighting lots of mobs in meta farms like Dragon stand or when doing some solo pve instances. You could swap the eagle runes for scholar ones if you feel confident that you'll be having full hp all the time. Some people suggest going with pack runes, but in my experience pack runes are not particularly good for power chrono, but they can work just fine. The idea of the build is giving boons to your phantasms and take them back for yourself. Just read the "illusions" traitline choices you'll see the idea behind it... For a safer version you could swap the dueling with inspiration and run the "protected phantasms" trait for more aegis.. but you will lose tons of damage by doing that.

@Armen.1483 gives good advice too. I currently run around with power Chrono and it's a better killer (read faster) than condi. Plus if you are in a larger group you can still tag mobs better than condi even with phantasm and clones being destructible.

Power only requires a bit more effort to manage clones and shattering, but with Chronphantasma trait you will be spitting out so many illusions, and with the Illusion trait line you will be getting so much might and quickness it makes things much faster and roughly as easy as condi.

This will be controversial, but I would take a staff to replace sword/x in power before switching to condi if I were to have trouble surviving. It will slow your killing significantly, but you can remain at range and spit out perhaps even more clones than sw/x due to the double phantasm on staff 3.

@"Wildmoon.6897" said:..... I'm thinking maybe i should switch to the power variant and maybe chronomancer i dont have much gold (around 30), but from what i counted i could afford a full set of berserker gear.

Could anyone give me some tips and ideas how to not get destroyed in HoT maps (please link builds if possible)?

I ran Lord Hizen's staff/staff condi mirage for quite some time. It's good, but I recently wanted to try chrono. (Disclaimer: therefore, I'm fairly new to chrono.) I'm using a power build with Wanderer armor from Dragon Stand, Leadership runes, and a mix of Berzerker/Diviner for the rest which gives me 20k health, a smidge of toughness, and with food/oil I'm at 90% boon duration. (So, you could go with less Diviner and more Berzerker, if you don't have the laurels or map currencies for many Diviner trinkets.) Scepter/shield + scepter/sword.

I run two different builds with this gear.:

The first is phantasms+clones, which is for soloing and is largely single-target centric. Roughly, sword5>Phantasmal Disenchanter>Mirror Image>Time Sink>Tides of Time, etc. Veteran chak lobbers are no problem. Don't discount Tides of Time as a CC + boon source. And the blocks on scepter2/sword4/shield4 are nice illusion generators. Because it lacks much AOE, I sometimes swap in Well of Calamity in place of Phantasmal Defender.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABs6tzlFw2YdMPWJW6XataA-zRhYBRLiQIhAPTMYFKApdI0hCiQKkuCwjzy/jbA-e

The second build is support wells, primarily for metas, bounties and such:http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABs6tzlFwWYMMHWJmSX5tVA-zRhYBRLiQIhAPTMYFKApdI0hCjQKkuCwjzy/jbA-e