What keyboard u guys use? I can’t deal w mine!

Yokahu.4053

I’m a returning player, after a 5 years “break” I logged back in last night. I used to play in a laptop but now I have a desktop with a mechanical keyboard. And I just can’t get used to it!

The professions skills F1 to F5 are so far away from my 1 to 5 and the W, A, D keys that my fingers don’t reach them without lifting up my hand. Then, when I try to get back to the W, A, D keys to gain control of my character, I end up in some other keys. At this time I either need to take my eyes off the monitor to reposition my hand or start hitting all the keys in panic mode without looking... either way it’s not good for my fight and really frustrating.

How do you guys deal with it? Is it just me or does anyone else have a similar problem?

Oh, and the same happens with the utility skills keys, 6 to 0! They are so far away from my left hand’s position (at the W, A, D) that I’m forced to mouse-click them.I key-binded the heal key 6 and key 7 to my side mouse buttons and F1/F2 to the Q and E keys. I pretty much avoid using the other skills (8, 9, 0, F3-F5 except on certain rare occasions. Let me tell you, it sucks!

I don’t have this issue on other games because they are either slow paced or they don’t use more than 5 keys for all the skills. Also, my laptop’s keys are so close together that I can reach most of them without completely removing my hand from the W, A, D position.

Also, is there a way to key bind the “switch weapon” to the mouse wheel scroll? The GUI doesn’t recognize it when I try it.

FYI, my keyboard is the Phanton RGB from Techware if anyone wanted to know.

You can change your movement skills from w,a,s,d to q,w,e,2 and it gives you a ton of options below it and brings you closer to the f1 keys. My general rule of thumb is if it goes passed the number 5 it needs to go somewhere else. Also, my dodge roll is on clicking my middle mouse button. You could change your weapon swap to a click instead of a roll.

Hey doood try getting the g600 logictech mouse.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086UK7IQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_Q-3uFb711X6AJThis is the mouse i used and got it for 20 bucks at bestbuy.

Like your keyboard set up the buttons in place that are easily reachable. Yeyeeee

This will help you with your twitch reaction time. But certainly keys 12345 has to be in reach. There are also these hot key mini keyboards where its alll itsn a good place of reach.

One other peice of advice dont use the 1 key as auto attack. You need to be able move with your wsad key for that i suggest you hot key your auto attack so u can always kep your fingers on your movement keys and be auto attacking in the right direction.

THERE WAS AN EDIT.

HyperX Alloy FPS

I use;

• ~ is weapon swap.
  • F keys are for mounts.
  • Shift + (12345) for profession skills.
  • 12345 for weapon skills.
  • WASD for movement.
  • TAB for Healing, QER for utilities, V for elites.
  • Shift + T for Targeting, Mouse side buttons for next and prev target, middle for nearest target.
  • F is interact.
  • G is the primary mount button. (Skyscale) Shift + G is for the secondary. (Griffon or Roller Beetle. Mood thing.)
  • C is stow.
  • CTRL is dodge.
  • ALT is show names.
  • Shift + Z is special action.

My only complain is how sharp the CTRL corner is. I also modified the WASD to have a texture so I can know when my hand positioning is right.

@Shao.7236 said:HyperX Alloy

I use;

• F keys are for mounts.
  • Shift + (12345) for profession skills.
  • 12345 for weapon skills.
  • WASD for movement.
  • TAB for Healing, QER for utilities, V for elites.
  • Shift + T for Targeting, Mouse side buttons for next and prev target, middle for nearest target.
  • F is interact.
  • G is the primary mount button. (Skyscale) Shift + G is for the secondary. (Griffon or Roller Beetle. Mood thing.)
  • C is stow.
  • CTRL is dodge.
  • ALT is show names.
  • Shift + Z is special action.

My only complain is how sharp the CTRL corner is.

This is really good— Thanks!