The Mortar The Merrier

TheAgedGnome.7520

This build is just an attempt at a fun mortar build for metas, bountys, and general open world messing around.

It's actually not bad, and can be useful for packs of mobs. The utility skills are mostly there just for their toolbelt skill. Lead off with Orbital Strike, followed by Grenade Barrage and Throw Napalm, then spam mortar skills 1,2,3. Utility skill 9 could be something else like Elixir B or C to give support via toolbelt F4. Support is also provided by F1 and mortar skill 5. Explosive Entrance is a useful trait - I just keep forgetting to refresh it by using a dodge roll.

I appreciate the effort of trying to bring core engi, but scrapper will give you so much more:

• Superspeed and hammer for mobility,
  • way more breakbar damage with hammer5 (or f5) + hammer3
  • damage modifiers from stability, swiftness and superspeed,
  • quickness and raw power buff from the grandmaster trait.

Also f-gyro works great to carry people in open PvE. All core engi really brings here is orbital strike, which is meh.I'd love to see core engi come back somehow, but that would require a serious buffs to F5 at the very least, or a major profession rework.

@Samug.6512 said:I appreciate the effort of trying to bring core engi, but scrapper will give you so much more:

I agree fully - Scrapper is my main. This was just a build for fun.

I'd love to see core engi come back somehow, but that would require a serious buffs to F5 at the very least, or a major profession rework.

It took 7 years for me to finally create an Engineer and boost it to 80, only because I had 80s of all the other classes and I reluctantly wanted an engie for completeness. If I was a newbie that had to level an engie to 80 to in order to get Scrapper I'd probably have given up on it.

Power Wrench does not affect the Elite Toolbelt skill and Tool-Kit does not refer to the toolbelt skills. A good replacement would be Static Dischrage, with its 1,200 range it works great with your build.

An option you can also try is Firearms => Juggernaut. Most people only read half of the tooltip of this trait and then turn away. It does extend the might duration by 20 % though. So equipping it, may result in more permanent might stacks and probably faster stacking process = more area-damage.

A nice method to trigger Kinetic Battery a little faster is to replace the heal with Med Kit and use the Toolbelt instead. The healing amount is slightly lower than the elixir, but recharge with Tools traitline is 17 seconds - which is insane for a major heal-skill.

A weird but funny option to stack a ton of swiftness (up to ~ 6 minutes) is to use Spring Rolls once in a while. You can switch to better food once the swiftness is stacked. Another great food that works well with Explosive Entrance is Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew. Not that cheap, but compensates the lack of Adrenal Implant.

It is a nice build. I will definitely try it. Thanks for sharing ^^

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Power Wrench does not affect the Elite Toolbelt skill and Tool-Kit does not refer to the toolbelt skills. A good replacement would be Static Dischrage, with its 1,200 range it works great with your build.

Good catch. I completely misunderstand that Power Wrench trait!

An option you can also try is Firearms => Juggernaut. Most people only read half of the tooltip of this trait and then turn away. It does extend the might duration by 20 % though. So equipping it, may result in more permanent might stacks and probably faster stacking process = more area-damage.

Yes, I debated that one. But this has pretty high crit, with Fury proc'd, so I thought the burning might be better.

A nice method to trigger Kinetic Battery a little faster is to replace the heal with Med Kit and use the Toolbelt instead. The healing amount is slightly lower than the elixir, but recharge with Tools traitline is 17 seconds - which is insane for a major heal-skill.

True, but since I spam F2, F3, F4 with ~21s cd each, I think I'd stick with elixir heal. On the other hand, if this was more seriously a support build then Medkit would make sense. (E.g., for Jormag and some other events, I use a heal Scrapper setup.)

A weird but funny option to stack a ton of swiftness (up to ~ 6 minutes) is to use Spring Rolls once in a while. You can switch to better food once the swiftness is stacked. Another great food that works well with Explosive Entrance is Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew. Not that cheap, but compensates the lack of Adrenal Implant.

Heh, that is clever :)

It is a nice build. I will definitely try it. Thanks for sharing ^^

yw