Game Breaking Disconnects

Recently came back to the game several weeks back and been loving it. Purchased the story content that I had previously missed out on (it was on sale a few weeks back in the gem store) and been enjoying going through the content.

However, I have been having serious, intermittent disconnects where I lose connection to the game (The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. (Code=7:11:3:202:101)). This happens towards the end/at the ending of a storyline instance. It also happened once in a dungeon, after killing the final boss and the game dropped out.

Tonight was awful...

Following my interaction with technical support (which has been very positive, to give them a lot of credit) - after I submitted a ticket and they have responded quickly and it is still ongoing - I made it through to Mordremoth. [POTENTIAL SPOILER/S] I battled consistently with every enemy he threw at me... there was a LOT. I made it to the final portal being opened up... I went to hit Mordremoth with a killing blow... my ability flashed and nothing happened.. 5-10 seconds later, the dreaded disconnect!

I have done everything I can possibly think of/that was also suggested by the tech support:

• I run in Admin mode
  • I use software to stop background software running on Windows
  • I use standard Windows firewall and placed GW2 client as an exception
  • I reset router
  • I use Ethernet cable
  • Deleted cache
  • Reinstalled game
  • Checked internet speed/connection test
  • Changed in-game 'Streaming' to 'On Demand'
  • Did a 'WinSock' reset
  • Gave High Priority in Windows to GW2

As stated, tech-support have been great. Can't fault them for how they have/are trying to help. But, I'm pretty much at my wits-end with this game. I have no issues with any other game (and I play/have played many, many MMO's/online games). I am not exaggerating to embolden my case; this is a solid fact.

If anyone - anyone - can offer words of help, I would be extremely appreciative. Unfortunately, in its current state, I will soon tire of this and move on. This is something I am working hard to avoid.

In advance, I thank you.

That fight though: I had to fight my comrades mother and her dog, then the bloody plant mother (forgetting names lol)...then all my comrades illusions...then mobs..while killing boss...then on killing blow it disconnects!

I'm fine in the open world. I'm fine in WvW. It's just story mode...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You can try a VPN.You can try minimizing cut-scenes.You can try continuously moving your character/spamming a skill.

None of these will help with the issue. 1 is dangerous unless it's a highly trusted provider, 2 you can't do because it disconnects right the second a cutscene triggers (and not all can be skipped anyway), and 3 is not working, either, when you are already disconnected (the message takes a while to pop up).

Tech-support have contacted me and asked me to configure my network settings to use Google Public DNS. They inform me:

'The issue that you are reporting may be due to a problem with the DNS provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).'

Their link takes me to the guide on how to do this. This site begins with the warning:

'Caution: We recommend that only users who are proficient with configuring operating system settings make these changes.'

I am NOT proficient. I am both concerned to do this and loathe to do it in case it does not work or (more importantly) I mess it up.

With this done, they inform me how to 'flush my DNS' and go on to say:

'If this resolved the issue you will need to contact your ISP in order to have the issue resolved. Using a DNS that is not provided by your ISP may lead to slow connection issues.'

In summary, they're pointing the possible cause of all issues in the direction of my internet service provider...

Can someone give their advice on how I should proceed? I'm at a loss at what to do next...

Thanks.

UPDATE: RESOLVED

I thought I would take the time out to return to this post in the hope that this information helps someone out, now/in the future...

I recently installed ProtonVPN and, since installing, have not had one disconnect. I have played extensively and thoroughly through instanced story mission content, open world and WvW.

I hope this information helps someone, should they be looking for a fix.

Take care. Happy Christmas and keep safe.