Elementalist: too many bad and "meh" abilities

Ruufio.1496

@FrownyClown.8402 said:

@"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:The crazy thing is that conjures are among the more useful utilities. Just look at the cantrips and black magic. They often have long cooldowns for severely underwhelming effects.

And then look at ele elite skills. No one talks about ele elite skills because there is nothing to talk about. They are so useless that they might as well not exist. FGS was overnerfed years ago and even before that it was only good for its gimmic. Tornado locks you out of your skills and the only useful thing about tornado - the increased attributes to make lingering fields tick harder - was nerfed. I don't think the elemental was ever nerfed, but I don't remember it ever being strong either. Now that the lesser glyph can summon multiple elementals it should be stronger than the elite skill.

The glyph elite is very strong. The water elemental is a 7k heal on a 15s cd. Fire is ok and air is meh. Earth is a tanky at least. Tornado elite hits very hard. Specifically the 4 skill when combined with lightning rod.

Pets that can die are weak in any game type. Its not important how strong there effects are as long as it can die it become worthless.

Water and earth elite survives fine in its own. This is the build I use and it works fine. No issues keeping elite alive its entire duration.

I tend to use the heal in earth for protection. I tend to alternate storm glyph with earth and air. I almost always have water elite up.

This is why renegade and ranger sprits are not used as much. Kill able pets are just not viable in mmorpgs they are even worst with ground target aoe in both pvp/wvw and pve. All the powerful effects in the worst will not fix ele pets skill as long as they are kill able pets making it a worthless skill.

If you say so

I do! If ele pets where more like say banners (effects that cant die) or even ranger pets (it will self rez) or even necro elite pet (no duration and low cd) they would be much more viable.

The air pet is funny it tends to miss a lot so even putting the pets at a safe range is not a viable chose.

That just how a lot of non used skills are on ele they do next to nothing over all and more then like they are buged in one way or another or they are simply outdated so much they are missed by updates that would fix them and also nerf them.

Even when they do update the skill and rework them they are often updated / rewored in such a way that seems more made for other classes then ele see Glyph of Elemental Power (i will never forgive this update) a charge effect for an aoe class is next to worthless as only one target or one hit of an skill will get the effect at any time making it next to worthless.

@Peter.3901 said:May i ask for Arena... who would want to write a code with elementalist when you can press two keys with guardian to do the same damage (or even more)?

Elementalist/Weaver has no mechanic, in theory you would have four weapons, but these 4 weapons are not worth a weapon in the hands of other classes out there.

And the staff is a total joke outside of WvW.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:The crazy thing is that conjures are among the more useful utilities. Just look at the cantrips and black magic. They often have long cooldowns for severely underwhelming effects.

And then look at ele elite skills. No one talks about ele elite skills because there is nothing to talk about. They are so useless that they might as well not exist. FGS was overnerfed years ago and even before that it was only good for its gimmic. Tornado locks you out of your skills and the only useful thing about tornado - the increased attributes to make lingering fields tick harder - was nerfed. I don't think the elemental was ever nerfed, but I don't remember it ever being strong either. Now that the lesser glyph can summon multiple elementals it should be stronger than the elite skill.

The glyph elite is very strong. The water elemental is a 7k heal on a 15s cd. Fire is ok and air is meh. Earth is a tanky at least. Tornado elite hits very hard. Specifically the 4 skill when combined with lightning rod.

I wish I could agree with you, too bad that in pvp the glyph doesn't last 10 seconds without being blown up by any AoE damage ...

Tornado is the only usable elite for us in pvp.

I would never run it unless i was running a build with heals and damage mitigation. The build i linked works fine with it for example. Rarely blows up unless focused.