Unable to purchase gems [Merged] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

JMaarse.7086JMaarse.7086 Member ✭✭
edited February 8, 2019 in Account & Technical Support

When I try to buy gems using either paypal or online banking (only options available to me), once I get to the confirmation screen and click confirm, I get taken back to the start with a vague error massage that shows for 1/2 second saying "an error has occurred."

I have been able to buy gems in the past just fine. This problem is here for at least 3 days (that is when I tried to buy gems), but it could be much longer.

I really want to gem some of the limited time stuff from the gem store, so I thought about those retail gem cards that can be redeemed, but they are unfortunately not available in my country. They are however for sale on some shady game key websites. Does anybody know if these are safe or if ANet will ban you for buying these?

Or can I expect the issue to be fixed soon? You would expect making sure people can give you their money would be top priority for most companies, right?

Tagged:
<13

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.
    Your account could be actioned should Gem Cards that are fraudulent are used; I would not recommend purchasing from any non-authorized retailers.

Good luck.

• I am also unable to buy gems, gives me a error when using paypal that is there for 0.2 seconds before going away. it is quite sad with all the new cool items around.

• Capitol.3815Capitol.3815 Member ✭✭

Also been unable to buy gems for almost a week now. I submitted a ticket in-game but nothing came of it and hasnt worked since they maintenance'd the gem store the other night either.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Capitol.3815 said:
    Also been unable to buy gems for almost a week now. I submitted a ticket in-game but nothing came of it and hasnt worked since they maintenance'd the gem store the other night either.

Submitting a 'ticket'(bug report) in-game will garner no response as indicated on the Bug Report window. You can contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

• Same here, quick error message during the last screen and not able to purchase any gems in my account while my wife's no issues :( already opened a ticket via support - purchase problems.

• Same here :'( well....

• I fixed this problem by turning off my router for about 2 minutes then restarted my compooter. Idk if thisll help you guys but this fixed the error last time I got it.

• yeah the issue came again, support fixed it for me a few days ago but again not able to purchase gems with debit, credit or even paypal, not working on mine or wife's account either, tried fully resetting the connection and request a new ip address from my ISP and nothing :( had to go to support again so see if they can fix it

• Thanks for these reports. I have passed along a link to this entire thread.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• edited August 1, 2018

Hey folks -- I talked to CS about this and they said a couple of useful things:

• This sort of issue can be caused by one (or more) of several different things, so submitting a ticket is essential.
    • Please use "PAYMENT" or "BILLING" as the issue. Don't use something like "in-game" or "technical" as the reason, because the latter will result in the ticket being routed to the wrong people.
    • Please don't submit a payment or purchase issue via an in-game report. Those reports go to bug testers and they cannot help you fix a payment issue. Bug reports are very helpful to us, and we appreciate them, but for payment or purchase issues, you are an individual, and your issue may be unique, so do toss us a ticket! :)

Gaile Gray

• @Gaile Gray.6029 thank you, yes I opened the previous tickets as "Payment Issues" an in a couple of days someone took them over, the new was also submitted like that, thank you for the follow up! :+1:

• I am also having this problem (and have submitted a support ticket). In my case I am able to purchase gems without a problem on a second account using the same PC and same credit card.

• My problem has been resolved by GW2 support. No details given. Apparently I haven't made enough posts yet to edit my original post. Forum noob I guess.

• I am having the same problem. Has anyone come up with a solution. Already submitted a ticket

• @NightKnight.6394 said:
    I am having the same problem. Has anyone come up with a solution. Already submitted a ticket

This thread is a few months old
    But yeah, I'm having the same issue. Sucks.

• Lee Marsh.9172Lee Marsh.9172 Member
    edited December 25, 2018

The problem is still around or is back because I am no longer able to buy gems from the store, my wife has no problems but she can't buy the gems for me. I have put a ticket in using the support link and picking "can not buy gems" .

• Same problem here, could buy gems few days ago, since yesterday... nothing.

• I just tried as well. I click confirm and nothing happens. I'm afraid I'm gonna miss the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic and Shared Inventory Slot sale. :'(

• Same for me lucky i found this thread. And i missed out the copper fed salvage o matic sale (T_T)

• As happened to me awhile ago but today I have tried twice to get the smallest gem package ingame and it gave me the same error twice. I submitted and am currently waiting for my ticket to get a response

• Tachenon.5270Tachenon.5270 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019

Same thing here. Tried to buy gems on the 31st, clicked confirm -- the window closed and that was it. No error message, no gems. Sent in a ticket, waiting for a response.

Edit: I tried again and this time there was an error message, but it came and went so fast I couldn't read it. So I tried again and managed to get a screenshot of it. It said, "Unfortunately an error has occurred. Please try again later!"

• My wife and I are both having this issue too. Using different cards, or ones that have recently worked.

• Throwing my hat into the mix too. Had no issues prior to this week!

Submitted the ticket already and waiting.

• I also have been having this issue since dec 27, 2018. Had no problem the last time in the fall with this same card. Also tried paypal, got the same error

• Checking back -- tickets from hunter and Darkwind Suul are quite recent, so perhaps they're still awaiting help. But have the others been resolved?

Gaile Gray

• This is happening to me as well! I'm trying to buy gems so I can get something before it goes off sale!! I do not want to wait FOUR DAYS for a fix to a billing issue that shouldn't exist in the first place! If Digital Rivers cannot sell Gems properly find another ingame reseller! Hello?!

• Rukario.1695Rukario.1695 Member
    edited January 5, 2019

I also cannot purchase gems now, have no had problems in the past. Tried both Paypal and Mastercard.

Ticket #7195159

• I can't buy gems either. I tried PayPayl and different credit cards. I have alot of free time this weekend and was looking forward to playing GW2. How long does this take to resolve?

• @Valerie Kyrie.2970 said:
    I can't buy gems either. I tried PayPayl and different credit cards. I have alot of free time this weekend and was looking forward to playing GW2. How long does this take to resolve?

Make sure to send in a support ticket about Payment issues. I got a response in about 2 hours, however they said they would get back to me (it has now been approx 4 hours since,) ... so the timeframe for the fix isn't definite.

• @Rukario.1695 said:

@Valerie Kyrie.2970 said:
    I can't buy gems either. I tried PayPayl and different credit cards. I have alot of free time this weekend and was looking forward to playing GW2. How long does this take to resolve?

Make sure to send in a support ticket about Payment issues. I got a response in about 2 hours, however they said they would get back to me (it has now been approx 4 hours since,) ... so the timeframe for the fix isn't definite.

Thank you, Rukario.
    I submitted a ticket on the website. I also went online and bought two Gem Cards. I entered the codes for those and it didn't accept those either. Very frustrating !

• @Valerie Kyrie.2970 said:

@Rukario.1695 said:

@Valerie Kyrie.2970 said:

Thank you, Rukario.
    I submitted a ticket on the website. I also went online and bought two Gem Cards. I entered the codes for those and it didn't accept those either. Very frustrating !

Oh my.. I thought about taking that route and now I'm glad I didn't! I'm sorry to hear it though, I hope they'll get back to you shortly since it's now daylight.

• Tachenon.5270Tachenon.5270 Member ✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Checking back -- tickets from hunter and Darkwind Suul are quite recent, so perhaps they're still awaiting help. But have the others been resolved?

Mine has been -- got an email Thursday evening saying I was good to go, and when I logged in Friday morning I was indeed able to buy gems. Thanks guys!

• Same issue here :( Ticket #7195937 Help!

• Having the same issue, PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!

• They fixed it on my end now, took about a day.

• I put in a ticket on jan 4 and have received a response on the 6. I was able to make a purchase and everything seems fine.

• Same problem here. Made a support-ticket aswell.

• Same here as well. Such an odd issue.

• You guessed it right! I have the same problem as anybody else in this thread. :lol:

• I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to throw money at you guys, and you won't take it =(

• Ranshou.2491Ranshou.2491 Member
    edited January 12, 2019

Hey, I can't buy gems either through card nor paypal.

• I cant purchase gems but I am fine with this honestly. prevents me from those impulse buys. So I thank you anet :)

• I'm having the same problem too, but only a week ago I was able to buy gems with no issue. Now, I cannot. I've tried two different cards and PayPal.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019

@JMaarse.7086 said:
    When I try to buy gems using either paypal or online banking (only options available to me), once I get to the confirmation screen and click confirm, I get taken back to the start with a vague error massage that shows for 1/2 second saying "an error has occurred."

I had the exact same issue (except for the error message, which never showed) a couple of days ago, but it seems to have been temporary.

• There is a little workaround for those who have friends and don't want to wait. You give your friend the money via Paypal or any other method you prefer and he buys it for you as a gift. For me this worked!

• Same issue here for the last 2 days.

• I too am having the same issue as everyone else here. Bought gems in the past. Tried 2 weeks ago and can't with Credit or Paypal. I submitted a ticket the way that has been suggested and got a response that they are looking into it. Waiting patiently now. For such a widespread issue, I hope they are looking into a permanent fix for this.

• Same here. It's been about 3 days now and I just submitted a ticket today.

• Just got back to the game, trying to buy some gems since yesterday, submitted a ticket 18 hrs ago, still waiting for reply.

Made all the tricks in the hat:
    -off/on computer/router
    -off/on antivirus/firewall
    -used same cc from the expansions purchase
    -not from Belgium.

Anyone got it solved?

• Teleri.7124Teleri.7124 Member ✭✭
    edited January 26, 2019

Instead of fixing the underlying problem, they want every single person that has this issue to submit a problem ticket. I have to assume they either don't want our money or this is a job security thing.

<13
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.