[BUG] Always Getting Disconnected From "The Departed" Mission.

Let me start off by saying, I have beaten this story instance before, a month ago when the expansion came out.

My friend physically can't beat this mission on his own, and he needs my help. He has been stuck on this mission for more than a month. I form a party with him, (me being the leader) and we enter the instance together (again, me being the leader so he can piggyback off of me). I always beat Balthazar, and the Eater of Souls with no issues, but afterwards, when we listen to Palawa Joko talk to us about his army, I disconnect (and my friend is kicked out of the instance due to no instance owner being there), or my friend disconnects and can't get back in the instance and can't progress his story.

Things we have done to try and fix the issue:

1. Restarted both of our computers.
  2. Repaired our game clients.
  3. Checked internet connection (no other devices connected to internet are being disconnected or having connectivity issues).
  4. Created a new shortcut and added -clientport 443 to the .exe and ran GW2 as an administrator.

Nothing has worked!100% of the time, when my character says "You're right, I need your army, but I don't need you." BAM one of us gets kicked out of the instance and we have to start completely over. Seriously, please help, we have done this instance 8 times today with no luck finishing it.

I added a screenshot of the error I received after being kicked from the instance:

2tzFH5q.jpg

I tried today and am having the same issue. My sister has also tried on hers, and we both get kicked out right at that phrase you were talking about. I had thought they fixed this, but I guess with the new patches it got messed up again. The worst part of it all is that you have to do it over and over only to find at the end that it bugs and dc you no matter what you've tried. I think I've tried five times already today.

We both logged off and came back 30 minutes later and it worked. Hope it works for you guys too.

• 2 months later...

You know I am having the same problem as you guys but what's worse is it also is happening in Hot and I can't do the last quest it kicks me every time no matter if its HOT or POF its buged for the personal story in HOT to fight the boss and three dragon you get a odd error all the time than departing I killed the boss and it should of sent me to a jail of where I was dead but it kicked me once again. It doesn't matter how many times I restart or if I let my game card cool down or if no one but me is on my net and I checked everything support asked of me and nothing worked plus the game isn't working still and have no clue how to fix it.

• 1 year later...

Same problem as the others above, only this is April of 2019. Same exact issue, same error code, same time... right after speaking with Joko. Restarted the game, and did the chapter again with the same error at the same point. This is ridiculous. I just bought PoF & HoT a month ago, and I'm considering going back through my credit card company and disputing the charge due to a faulty product.

@gwlightner.7034 said:Same problem as the others above, only this is April of 2019. Same exact issue, same error code, same time... right after speaking with Joko. Restarted the game, and did the chapter again with the same error at the same point. This is ridiculous. I just bought PoF & HoT a month ago, and I'm considering going back through my credit card company and disputing the charge due to a faulty product.

You can, but your entire account will be permanently terminated, and you will be unable to purchase anything through Digital River again. Some have had success using a VPN, or minimizing cutscenes, or continuously using a skill during cutscenes.

Good luck.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

• 2 years later...

Okay, so I think I found a solution. After defeating the Eater of Souls, don't be hasty trying to get to the gate as quickly as possible. Have the final dialogue with Joko, standing a little bit to the right of Joko's cell, away from the portal. Once you receive the quest update to go through the portal after your character says "But I won't need you," then you can book it to open the gate and jump through the portal as fast as possible. I was booted out of this mission 5 times at this exact point, but only got it once I did this.

• 2 months later...

Try deleting everything inside the Guild Wars 2 Cache Folder, don't worry the game will recreate what it needs inside the folder when you restart it.

Guildmate whom I usually team up with has been working their way through the game content. They have had exactly the same issues the OP described.

Approximatly 8 weeks ago it was getting rediculous the amount of disconnects they were getting in Story scenes. I told them to delete the contents of the above folder and lo and behold since then they have had no disconnects whatsoever.

• 1 year later...