Free World Transfers Question

Hey all, I was a veteran player from day 1. I read that newer players who upgraded to the paid version from the free version added later on was given a free world transfer. I recently came back after years of not playing and upgraded my account to the current expansion. So, do only free accounts that upgraded to full game get a free server transfer and not everyone else who upgraded their accounts from day 1? That really doesn't make a lot of sense to me if that was the case.

Decided to come back to the game and play with some buddies that are on another server for WvW but paying for 1800 gems on top of buying the new expansions just doesn't seem worth it. I was better off creating a free account and transferring as I really didn't care about my current characters much anyways.

Thanks!

FTP accounts get a free transfer when they upgrade because while they are free to play they can not transfer under any method. If you don't care about your characters you can delete all your characters and transfer for free. Do make sure the server you want to transfer to is not full first. Also make sure you put any items that are not soul bound in your bank before deleting if you choose that method.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:FTP accounts get a free transfer when they upgrade because while they are free to play they can not transfer under any method. If you don't care about your characters you can delete all your characters and transfer for free. Do make sure the server you want to transfer to is not full first. Also make sure you put any items that are not soul bound in your bank before deleting if you choose that method.

And sell all the sellable soulbound items to get whatever pittance of money you can get for them...