What can I do with Level 80 Boost gear and other unwanted exotics?

I have two sets of Level 80 Boost gear that I don't want - one set for a Necro and one for a Warrior. Is there anything useful I can do with them, or should I just destroy them? As far as I can tell, they can't be salvaged or put in the Mystic Forge, but maybe there's something else I can use them for that I haven't thought of. I haven't tried using upgrade extractors on them, so maybe that works, but I don't think the upgrades in them are valuable so I can't imagine it's worth it.

Also, for other soulbound or account bound exotic gear that can be salvaged or put in the Mystic Forge, which of those two options is likely to be more profitable? Does anyone have any data on this?

It's meant to be destroyed and not give you any liquid account value since you get the items "for free". This is why boosting gear have all these restrictions.

Salvaging is without a doubt the more profitable method over using the mystic forge, without exception.

@"rng.1024" said:It's meant to be destroyed and not give you any liquid account value since you get the items "for free". This is why boosting gear have all these restrictions.

Salvaging is without a doubt the more profitable method over using the mystic forge, without exception.

And also because, you can keep getting the gear as far as I know, after that character has claimed it once.

OP, just destroy them.

Thanks for the replies!

@"rng.1024" said:It's meant to be destroyed and not give you any liquid account value since you get the items "for free". This is why boosting gear have all these restrictions.

I'm sure you're correct, but I find this decision slightly weird since the Level 80 Boost also gives you 2 gold - if that doesn't give you liquid account value, I don't know what does!

@Taygus.4571 said:And also because, you can keep getting the gear as far as I know, after that character has claimed it once.

Interesting... although not something I would actually want to do...

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:Thanks for the replies!

I'm sure you're correct, but I find this decision slightly weird since the Level 80 Boost also gives you 2 gold - if that doesn't give you liquid account value, I don't know what does!

@Taygus.4571 said:And also because, you can keep getting the gear as far as I know, after that character has claimed it once.

I thought you were talking about the gear. If you want to buy something to salvage/forge for the 2 gold then go ahead ;) I suspect however that the 2 gold are meant to get you started so you can use waypoints right away.

@rng.1024 said:

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:Thanks for the replies!

@rng.1024 said:It's meant to be destroyed and not give you any liquid account value since you get the items "for free". This is why boosting gear have all these restrictions.

I thought you were talking about the gear. If you want to buy something to salvage/forge for the 2 gold then go ahead ;) I suspect however that the 2 gold are meant to get you started so you can use waypoints right away.

I was talking about the gear, but there's a subtlety here that I hadn't appreciated when I typed that: it's not that the boost isn't supposed to give you liquid account value, but that the gear from the boost isn't - and that does make a genuine difference.