Prototype Position Rewinder gets cancelled by blinks. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Prototype Position Rewinder gets cancelled by blinks.

Vova.2640Vova.2640 Member ✭✭✭
edited June 18, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

The little gizmo item that lets you save a location and then teleport back to it.
Well if you save a location (press 1) and then use a blink skill (example thief: shortbow 5, steal or shadowstep) then you lose the ability to use the 2 skill to rewind back to the previous position.
I cannot really see why this would be intentional so I am assuming it is a bug.

Comments

• Tested this in-game and confirmed the OP's report. After using Blink (mesmer), the "rewind" button gets canceled.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

I guess, the game can save only one position from where you started any teleport.

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• Vova.2640Vova.2640 Member ✭✭✭

@Nokomis.5076 said:
    I guess, the game can save only one position from where you started any teleport.

I am 99.9% sure it used to work in the past though.
    Heck I remember being able to take waypoints and then rewind back to my position as well. It was pretty nice for doing map completions..

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.