Legendary sigils in non-legendary equipment?

ASP.8093

I've poked around the wiki but I can't find an answer for this, and I'd really like to know before I burn the resources to make one:

With the new "legendary armory" feature, what actually happens if you have a legendary rune or sigil and slot it into non-legendary gear?

Let's say I have an ascended weapon (maybe a staff, why not) and put a 1 Sigil of Force + 1 Legendary Sigil in it.

1. If I have that ascended staff in two gear templates, can I set the Legendary Sigil to two different values in those two templates, and have it switch automatically when I quick-toggle my gear?

2. If I move the ascended staff to my inventory, will the Legendary Sigil keep its last state, or "blank out," or disappear from the weapon completely?

1: Yup, that's how I run. At the moment, I only have one of each of the sigils and runes. I run three builds and three sets of gear on my Warrior and Mesmer. I can use the sigil and rune once in each build, with different stats each time on different types of gear, or the same piece of gear in two different builds..

They change automagically when I hit my gear template shortcuts.

2: When you move an ascended piece of equipment to your inventory from an equipment slot, the legendary rune / sigil is unslotted. You then have to re-slot and choose its stats should you re-equip the ascended gear again in the future.

Just now, Mungrul.9358 said:

1: Yup, that's how I run. At the moment, I only have one of each of the sigils and runes. I run three builds and three sets of gear on my Warrior and Mesmer. I can use the sigil and rune once in each build, with different stats each time on different types of gear, or the same piece of gear in two different builds..

They change automagically when I hit my gear template shortcuts.

2: When you move an ascended piece of equipment to your inventory from an equipment slot, the legendary rune / sigil is unslotted. You then have to re-slot and choose its stats should you re-equip the ascended gear again in the future.

Thanks!!

Quick follow-up on #2: where does the Sigil go? Does it just show up automatically when I right-click Customize on the weapon?

Think of Legendaries in the armory like wardrobe items, except for gear. They're always there waiting for you to apply them to an equipment slot on your paperdoll.

If you have 5 sigils unlocked but not assigned, when you click a gear slot on your paperdoll, you'll see a Legendary sigil icon in the left side pane with a 5/5 against it. That goes down to 4/5 when you've slotted one, 3/5 when you've slotted 2, etc. until you've slotted all 5, at which point it'll say 0/5.

• Like 1