Why can't we queue ranked with more than 1 other person

Jibz.2094

8 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

This wouldn't work, sometimes ppl have litte time to play, 2 to 3 matches, offhours pts won't be as easy to find. Even if you start your own group depending of your level of skill other ppl may not want to pt with you, or you with them. Then in best case scenario you find a pt and you have time left for 1 game, that could have been 3.

If all you want to do is play some completely random quick matches, Unranked will still be around for that. Not to mention, what you're talking about is pure speculation. 

36 minutes ago, Aktium.9506 said:

You know what, this thread has convinced me.

Let's bring back Team Queue as a 5 man queue only mode and Solo Queue as a 1 man queue only mode and separate them on the leaderboard.

Please, let's do it. 🙂

Knowing full well that the population won't support two simultaneous ranked queues like that. And of course the bots and farmers will remain in the solo queue due to being unable to team queue, which will continue to give solo queue the faster queues, which will attract the casuals because of course they will always take the easiest route. Then the solo queue people exclaim what a success it is, team queue eradicated again, and we get stuck with the crap we have now. A game mode that restricts you from playing with friends, and instead forces you to play with people that may or may not make your game experience completely miserable. The goal of the solo queue population is to sacrifice enjoyment to increase pip farming efficiency.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure your precious Solo Queue will never be touched. There just aren't enough people that actually care about PvP around anymore. Can you imagine if they took this same approach to Fractals? Holy kitten the backlash would be insane. But Ranked PvP? Its in the gutters, and the solo queue population will defend that kitten little loot train till their dying breath. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Knowing full well that the population won't support two simultaneous ranked queues like that. And of course the bots and farmers will remain in the solo queue due to being unable to team queue, which will continue to give solo queue the faster queues, which will attract the casuals because of course they will always take the easiest route. Then the solo queue people exclaim what a success it is, team queue eradicated again, and we get stuck with the crap we have now. A game mode that restricts you from playing with friends, and instead forces you to play with people that may or may not make your game experience completely miserable. The goal of the solo queue population is to sacrifice enjoyment to increase pip farming efficiency.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure your precious Solo Queue will never be touched. There just aren't enough people that actually care about PvP around anymore. Can you imagine if they took this same approach to Fractals? Holy kitten the backlash would be insane. But Ranked PvP? Its in the gutters, and the solo queue population will defend that kitten little loot train till their dying breath. 

talking about speculation, what make you so sure your team q only idea, prolly never seen in any other game is going to work

42 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

talking about speculation, what make you so sure your team q only idea, prolly never seen in any other game is going to work

No speculation here at all though. The only reason that we have bots, afk players, and toxic trolls on our teams in matches is because we are forced to take them via the Solo Queue. If it was a Team Queue, you would form your team either from your friends list, guild roster, or lfg. Sure, you could still wind up with some jerk on your team, but then of course you would block them and be able to make the choice to never group with them again. With this happening repeatedly over a period of time, those toxic players would find it increasingly difficult to find anyone willing to team up with them, and since no one is willingly teaming up with bots, the players that actually make it in to matches would be those that actually want to play and have a good time. The only way this would not hold true is if players willingly subjected themselves to kitten teammates, but then that would be their own choice.

Also, not really sure what other game you are referencing, feel free to elaborate. In most other games, I am allowed to play with my friends in competitive PvP with no issues. This is an mmo, I play mmo games to be able to play with friends and guild members. ESO actually took the same route as GW2 with their structured PvP, and limited it to Solo Queue in a lazy attempt to make match making easier. After that failed, they abandoned it and Team Queue returned.

I am all for Anet taking steps to make Ranked PvP better, whether that means adjusting rewards, implementing different game modes other than 5v5 conquest, or whatever. However, we should never remove the option for players to play with their friends in an mmo.

20 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

No speculation here at all though. The only reason that we have bots, afk players, and toxic trolls on our teams in matches is because we are forced to take them via the Solo Queue.

You saying it will work is as much speculation as I'm saying it won't.

And nope, bots, afkers and trolls is just a consequence of anet miserably failing to ban them.

20 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Also, not really sure what other game you are referencing, feel free to elaborate. In most other games, I am allowed to play with my friends in competitive PvP with no issues. This is an mmo, I play mmo games to be able to play with friends and guild members. ESO actually took the same route as GW2 with their structured PvP, and limited it to Solo Queue in a lazy attempt to make match making easier. After that failed, they abandoned it and Team Queue returned.

I don't know any game that is team q ONLY, as you want to be here. True, all games let you team q, but those games also haven't let their game mode bleed out to the point their players base is so small that matchmaking can be exploited. Another problem that your  suggestion doesn't fix, what would it do against plat teams dodging each other offhours to farm free mmr. This is already a known abuse with duo q, imagine full team q.

Edited by Khalisto.5780