"Memory Essence Encapsulator" disappeared from my inventory

I purchased a "Memory Essence Encapsulator" from Alaleh in the Domain of Istan about a week ago. 
I carried it in my inventor as directed and completed the achievement "Legendary Trinkets: Visions of Istan". 
Later I completed the achievement "Vision of Enemies: Warden Amala" and got credit for that achievement and 
the "Memory Essence Encapsulator" disappeared from my inventory. The item said "One time use" and 
"Can be salvaged to return all of the items to purchase it.". It can't be salvaged because it disappeared 
from my inventory. I understand "one time use" but does it mean that you can't salvage it if you use it? 
The instructions are unclear. If I had completed the "Vision of Enemies" first, would the "Encapsulator" 
disappear and I would have to make another one to complete the "Visions of Istan"?

It gets used up when you complete the task for the achievement.  So effectively you  need one for every map (6) in your inventory at the time of completing the one task for every map that requires it (the rest of the maps tasks do not require an encapsulator).

The salvage info is just incase someone buys too many on accident or decides not to do the achievement and refund their materials used to buy it.

More info here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vision_I:_Awakening

Edited by Katreyn.4218

I understand that I need 6, one for each "Vision I: Awakening" vision collection , in my case, I was working on the "Visions of Istan collection", but the ONE USE "Memory Essence Encapsulator" was used for several Items in the collection including "Vision of Dragons: Aurene", Vision of Enemies: Warden Amala. I assume that ONE USE applies to ONE Vision of ... collection, and the Encapsulator disappears after all Visions that require it are completed.

59 minutes ago, Spookey.8609 said:

I understand that I need 6, one for each "Vision I: Awakening" vision collection , in my case, I was working on the "Visions of Istan collection", but the ONE USE "Memory Essence Encapsulator" was used for several Items in the collection including "Vision of Dragons: Aurene", Vision of Enemies: Warden Amala. I assume that ONE USE applies to ONE Vision of ... collection, and the Encapsulator disappears after all Visions that require it are completed.

Are you saying you still have 5 unused Memory Essence Encapsulators? 

• 7 months later...