Complete New Player Guide for GW2

Ratnoon.4251

Hello guys! ❤️  There are so many new players coming to Guild Wars 2 these days, with the hot mess going on in the MMO industry right now, both the Blizzard lawsuit and the delays of New World. So, as a content creator I need to take care of these players! How do I do that? 
Well- A complete (and updated for 2021!) new player guide is a good start. 😄 

If you already play Guild Wars 2 or have friends that want to get into the game, you’re more than welcome to share this guide with them. 

#shamelessselfpromo

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very well made video! This seems good for people who are not only new to GW2 but entirely new to MMO's, since some of it is basic, especially in the first half of the video.  But also a lot of GW2 exclusive info that may seem obvious to us but not a truly new player. Good stuff, definitely the video a new player should see first. 

What I would like to see for new players(but already know MMO's) and returning players is an extensive video that explains every drop down menu of the UI, categorically. 

For instance explain the differences of what you see when you open the Story tab or the Achievement tab. These can be very confusing since they show similarities. Explain why some parts have a chest icon next to them (not played yet, but not locked) and some are still locked and cost 200 gems. Also how some things are account-wide (masteries you earned, collections) and some are linked to Character (story-lines).  And then we haven't talked about Currencies yet.  And how some collections do not show up under the Collections sub-tab but rather under some other achievement tab..... probably too much to put into one video. 😞

Yeah, this is a huge undertaking, you made a good start with this though. 🙂

Edited by Tyncale.1629
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 9:26 AM, Tyncale.1629 said:

Very well made video! This seems good for people who are not only new to GW2 but entirely new to MMO's, since some of it is basic, especially in the first half of the video.  But also a lot of GW2 exclusive info that may seem obvious to us but not a truly new player. Good stuff, definitely the video a new player should see first. 

What I would like to see for new players(but already know MMO's) and returning players is an extensive video that explains every drop down menu of the UI, categorically. 

For instance explain the differences of what you see when you open the Story tab or the Achievement tab. These can be very confusing since they show similarities. Explain why some parts have a chest icon next to them (not played yet, but not locked) and some are still locked and cost 200 gems. Also how some things are account-wide (masteries you earned, collections) and some are linked to Character (story-lines).  And then we haven't talked about Currencies yet.  And how some collections do not show up under the Collections sub-tab but rather under some other achievement tab..... probably too much to put into one video. 😞

Yeah, this is a huge undertaking, you made a good start with this though. 🙂

Thank you for the lovely reply! 🥰 Appreciate it. And thanks for great ideas on further videos! I've written all of it down, and I will get right to work! I probably would want to section this into multiple videos so it's not too much information at once for the new player to consume. That was my initial idea with the New Player Guide. To go over "everything", but in absolute basics, to let the new player get a grasp of all the core features, but yet not be confused by the depth that is available within all those features. Makes sense? Expect to see more from me soon. 💪