Weapon help for new player

Rodney.7349

I've chosen a few classes to try out until I can figure out which I like best and make it a main. The problem is I feel some what lost playing each class because of all the different weapons they can use that completely change the feel of the class. 

I'm very new to this style of play in games and while I like the concept, it leaves me feeling confused. Everytime I get a new, better weapon that is different than what I've been using, I feel like I lose touch with the class I'm playing. I'm wierd maybe. 

I"m currently trying out a Ranger, Thief, Engineer, and necro. Could anyone help me with what weapons would be best to concentrate on while leveling? 

Since this is the engineer forum, you only have two options: pistol, or rifle.  Go with rifle.

For leveling builds, the utilities you want to get first with your points are kits.  Specifically the Bomb Kit and the Grenade Kit.  The bomb kit is really easy to play: you just mash 1 and everything around you dies.  If there's too much pressure from enemies, drop the smoke bomb (skill 4) and then they'll keep missing you over and over again.  Grenade kit lets you do high damage from afar, and all of the skills on the grenade kit are really simple.  All of them but #3 do damage, so feel free to mash to your hearts content.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Since this is the engineer forum, you only have two options: pistol, or rifle.  Go with rifle.

For leveling builds, the utilities you want to get first with your points are kits.  Specifically the Bomb Kit and the Grenade Kit.  The bomb kit is really easy to play: you just mash 1 and everything around you dies.  If there's too much pressure from enemies, drop the smoke bomb (skill 4) and then they'll keep missing you over and over again.  Grenade kit lets you do high damage from afar, and all of the skills on the grenade kit are really simple.  All of them but #3 do damage, so feel free to mash to your hearts content.  

Good grief, for some reason I thought I was in the PLayer Help forum. Coming off a 16 hour shift, obviously I was more tired than I thought lol. 

I appreciate the answer and it helps. I have been enjoying my Engineer a lot. I might post this in the correct forum also. 

On 9/4/2021 at 6:30 AM, Rodney.7349 said:

I've chosen a few classes to try out until I can figure out which I like best and make it a main. The problem is I feel some what lost playing each class because of all the different weapons they can use that completely change the feel of the class. 

I'm very new to this style of play in games and while I like the concept, it leaves me feeling confused. Everytime I get a new, better weapon that is different than what I've been using, I feel like I lose touch with the class I'm playing. I'm wierd maybe. 

I"m currently trying out a Ranger, Thief, Engineer, and necro. Could anyone help me with what weapons would be best to concentrate on while leveling? 

Core engi likely rifle is the best option overall, pistol if your wanting to run a Condi build. I think there are some decent builds surrounding core condi engi. 

Remember at 80 u get elite speccs though so it's gonna change even more Im afraid so may get alittle more confusing and some will feel janky til you get them. 

Engi is one that can defintly feel that way while scrapper and holosmith improve alot of stuff on core. 

To start with however. You likely want 

Ranger power - Longbow + greatsword. 

Engineer power - rifle (has no weapon swap)

Thief  power - Sword/Dagger + shortbow. 

Necromancer condi sceptar/Dagger + staff 

Would be a good starting point for those classes atleast.

But once 80 it's basically moving on to elite stuff. Some more impactful then others to how much your gonna really change up.