Doing dungeons...fast

EpicName.4523

I am currently doing a few of the old dungeons to unlock certain skins. This includes Arah, because the Lich set is pretty awesome for a necro. 

Problem? Problem is that I run with people who want to do things as fast as humanly possible regardless of repeated dying. Clear mobs? No, it takes too long. Just run and die and run and die until next waypoint. It's a mess and seems that I am not the only one clueless on what is happening around or how. Really hate this.

I see a few people using thieves and mesmers to stealth, but I cant find much on YouTube on what skills to use or how to build a character in order to make this work. Any suggestions? Is thief or mesmer better? How do mesmers manage to move so fast in order to open a portal, where I struggle to catch up even with swiftness buff? Just...no clue how to do this properly and can't keep up.

You know, I will say you can unlock all the dungeon stuff much faster in WvW / PvP. Open the reward track by doing story mode once, then farm track in WvW. Grinding dungeons in PVE is really slow and tedious. It's been a while but I think it only takes 6 - 7 reward tracks to unlock every armor piece of all weights and all the weapons. Take the chest/pants as rewards from final chest and use the tokens you get to buy the remaining pieces. Salvage armor with black lion salvage kit and hold the account bound runes in case you want them later. Toilet the weapons for a chance of a precursor.

As for how to play a character better, it just practice and creativity. Combining skills and timing abilities will lead to the speed and skills you are looking for. If all else fails, ask on profession forums for advice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1