Defending the Gate bugged

Cannot progress and stuck in limbo.  It's been bugged for 5 hours now.  I made a ticket and bypassed it through constantly logging off and on till I got a new instance, but it's still happening.  Just figured I would do my part and report it.  I have made several bug reports and a ticket.  But given it's still happening I posted about it here.

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you mean 'Defending the Keep'?

If not, can you be more specific? 

In the tutorial instance for Charr you have to defend the gate of this crypt.  It's an event that sometimes spawns.  But for whatever reason it just kept spawning mobs.  So me and like 20 other players were stuck for hours.  I'm honestly surprised I'm the only one who posted it really.  But the fix was to log out and in until got a new instance and you could just enter the crypt fight the ghost statue and leave the tutorial.

Basically it was road blocking potential new players from progressing.

Edited by PMoneyMobileRobot.4630

6 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Ahh.  Yes, it happens to several, if not all, the L1 tutorials once in a great while. It is unfortunate. 

The fact that this is apparently a normal occurrence in and of it self is really sad.  The easy solution would be to remove the dynamic events in the tutorial areas so players can get out of them.  Since that seems to be the thing that is failing here.

• Confused 1

I'm just saying you can be apathetic to it all you want, but I'd wager being negligent to newer players isn't going to help grow your community.  Me and my friend just wanted to play the game and it almost drove us to just quiting altogether.  Because if the tutorial is all bugged up what's the hope for the rest of the game?

• Confused 1

Not apathetic; merely providing some information.

There are no 'Dynamic Events' in the Tutorials.  In fact, I've never seen a bug report about such.  The Tutorials do stall, as I said, every once in a great while.

Hardly normal.

As with other stalled events, it will be fixed with the next release when all maps are reset. 

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There are no 'Dynamic Events' in the Tutorials.  In fact, I've never seen a bug report about such.  The Tutorials do stall, as I said, every once in a great while.

Hardly normal.

As with other stalled events, it will be fixed with the next release when all maps are reset. 

The gate locks and they have to do an event that is dynamic.  I'm sorry but what are you smoking?

Look the issue is solved for me, but there still might be people stuck, but who cares about them right?  I was reporting an issue that me and about 30 other player's had.  All I was trying to do was let people know.  My personal opinions aside of how comical the issue was and how it didn't get fixed for 6 hours from the last time I was told when I logged back in to see if I could progress.

Again I'm just surprised I'm the only one who said anything I guess nobody plays Charr or they gave up and rolled something else.

The bigger issue is this stalled event kept people from progressing.  This stalled event frustrated them and I wouldn't be surprised if this stalled event made them play something else.  I know I thought about it.

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Hardly normal.

There are in all starter areas just like the gate locks on keep and centaurs attack from the side you start at as human.

You can run around that to the back tho.

26 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

There are in all starter areas just like the gate locks on keep and centaurs attack from the side you start at as human.

You can run around that to the back tho.

You can't on the Charr one.  We tried it's underground me and like 10 other people kept trying to glitch into it.  Ultimately the solution was to flood the instance so it made a new one.  But it's still shameful that players have to figure this stuff out.  And it's even more that they know about it and haven't just removed these roadblocks.  If it happens out in the open world who cares I have 4 other zones of my level to play in, but I can't do that stuck in purgatory.

Anyway this is the last I will speak of this.

2 hours ago, PMoneyMobileRobot.4630 said:

You can't on the Charr one.  We tried it's underground me and like 10 other people kept trying to glitch into it.  Ultimately the solution was to flood the instance so it made a new one.  But it's still shameful that players have to figure this stuff out.  And it's even more that they know about it and haven't just removed these roadblocks.  If it happens out in the open world who cares I have 4 other zones of my level to play in, but I can't do that stuck in purgatory.

Anyway this is the last I will speak of this.

Yea true that, are you sure you killed all the ghosts?

Never had it happen that it bugged out but been awhile since I made a charr.

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea true that, are you sure you killed all the ghosts?

Never had it happen that it bugged out but been awhile since I made a charr.

When I was doing it I almost got to level 4 or 5 doing it.  I figured if we killed a bunch something would happen and then I made tickets and afked till a solution was found and then I made an alt to help fill the instance while others could get new instances, but that was Wednesday so I'm not sure if it's still borked.

• Confused 1