Scrapper new gyros theme trait

Noah Salazar.5430

8 hours ago, wasss.1208 said:

IThis is a big no-no in competitive modes. Pulsing protection makes Anti-Corrosion Plating pretty strong. With a generic scrapper build, you could have Reconstruction Field (Medic Gyro toolbelt) pulsing prot, and Bulwark Gyro pulse prot, this would make running Purge Gyro a suboptimal choice almost everywhere. I would make this a one-time deal, one longer protection at the start of the Gyro.

@wasss.1208 Sorry i missclicked "+"

for bulwark gyro in pvp/wvw it wuld pulse 1s insted of 2s per pulse (thats aoe 5s of prot evry 30s)

(Bulwark gyro got 30s cd in pvp (in wvw 20s))

Also Medic Gyro got 30s cd in pvp/wvw insted (yep f1 spam x3 prot), but your geting hurt with survability for that option 

Also you sacrifacing 15%dps / tank trait in order to do it so it's kinda resonable, and you no longer have concetration stats in pvp

so i think it's kinda resonable trade of

*My team runs with alacren, healbrand, 3 dps.

i run  QH Scrapper(with +100condi dmg boon), alac mirage(might+fury+aegis),2cdps,cbs

(mirage is my duo)

and we skip mobs with my+mirage stealth

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

7 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

@wasss.1208 Sorry i missclicked "+"

for bulwark gyro in pvp/wvw it wuld pulse 1s insted of 2s per pulse (thats aoe 5s of prot evry 30s)

(Bulwark gyro got 30s cd in pvp (in wvw 20s))

Also Medic Gyro got 30s cd in pvp/wvw insted (yep f1 spam x3 prot), but your geting hurt with survability for that option 

Also you sacrifacing 15%dps / tank trait in order to do it so it's kinda resonable, and you no longer have concetration stats in pvp

so i think it's kinda resonable trade of

i run  QH Scrapper(with +100condi dmg boon), alac mirage(might+fury+aegis),2cdps,cbs

(mirage is my duo)

and we skip mobs with my+mirage stealth

It's  not about the protection duration that it's a no go for PvP and WvW, it's because you take the invention trait

Major Grandmaster https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/3/36/Anticorrosion_Plating.png/25px-Anticorrosion_Plating.png Anticorrosion Plating  

When you grant protection to an ally, cleanse conditions from them.

There is no ICD on this trait, so if you every second pulse 1 second of protection in AoE, then it's still removing condition on every single pulse. That's very very stronk.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Amadeus already pointed out why I would replace it with one longer prot, instead of multiple short ones.

16 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Amazing, I'll tell my team to try this comp.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 8:35 AM, Amadeus.5687 said:

It's  not about the protection duration that it's a no go for PvP and WvW, it's because you take the invention trait

Major Grandmaster https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/3/36/Anticorrosion_Plating.png/25px-Anticorrosion_Plating.png Anticorrosion Plating  

When you grant protection to an ally, cleanse conditions from them.

There is no ICD on this trait, so if you every second pulse 1 second of protection in AoE, then it's still removing condition on every single pulse. That's very very stronk.

Oh true i forgot about that combo

Pulsing so many boons at once also wuld make pain for boonremove skills for couter in pvp/wvw , gona edite evry gyro to apply boon once insted of pulsing

thx ^^

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

On 9/26/2021 at 12:43 AM, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Oh true i forgot about that combo

Pulsing so many boons at once also wuld make pain for boonremove skills for couter in pvp/wvw , gona edite evry gyro to apply boon once insted of pulsing

thx ^^

That is a very simple and elegant solution, I agree with it!

• Thanks 1