Catalyst rework?

AshenOwl.2485

On 9/30/2021 at 3:56 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

I doubt Arenanet will spend too much effort on reworking an Elementalist elite specialization.

Maybe it gets a few minor tweaks here and there, but I doubt there'll be more than that.

Eeeh tbh I'd question if it would be too much effort. 

Effectively give hammer the right changes increase its damage and give it more accessibility to auras and sustain

Make F5 fix to the attunement it's cast in. 

Give a second mechanic In it's attunements. 

And I think catalyst will have potiental with the right number tweaks. 

Reworking doesn't mean the whole current concept needs to burn.. .it's in such a bad state you could just add things to it effectively. 

• Like 1

They should have never made a fragile class a bruiser spec that is mostly stationary. This is going to go over like a ton of lead in wvw or any place you have to move a lot. I dont even get why hammer ele when we have weaver which does the bruiser thing better imo. We needed a mobile evade packed caster since they have no plans to fix core ele or staff ele. I would have rather seen a shortbow or longbow ele people talk about that fires elemental arrows depending on attunement, reign of fire shot, thunderclap that does damage and cc/stuns the target. Earthwarden shot shoots a defensive shield inbetween the enemy and your party, zephyr winds could give mass quickness and knockdown, In water healing arrows and ice. You can still use orbs but they should float around you as you move.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Can we talk about the fact they believe Poison Field is thematically and practically more appropriate than Smoke Field ?

Where is my stealth d/d catalyst ?

Associating poison with earth element comes from D&D, established decades ago. As much as I would love easy access to stealth, it  probably wouldn't be very healthy for the game. Can you imagine all the complaints from those sceptre-wielding thieves about stepping on their 'thing'?