No XP gain visible on yellow xp bar

Hello!

Just checking if all goes well. I work on Tyria masteries and want to unlock the last tier 'advanced logistics'. I need 8 points and have 5 unspent.

I now play and gain xp (visible as floating numbers). However, my xp bar remains full and is not moving. I cannot select anything in the masteries other than spending my 5 points on other tracks. Of course I don't want that, I want to save until I have 8 points.

My question: can I continue leveling and will I just have to live with the non-moving xp bar? Or is there something I need to do to clear my xp bar and continue leveling 'advanced logistics'?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

If your selected mastery's exp is full the exp overflows into one of the other masteries that are not full.

If all your unlocked masteries for that region is full then it overflows into an hidden bar that gives spirit shards

Thanks Khisanth! To make matters more complicated: I haven't trained any other mastery (so no legendary and no fractal), I guess that is the reason why it is not overflowing!

I just mastered the first tier of the fractal attunement and spent a point. Now my bar is clear (and all xp I gained today is gone too...)

This system is bugged I guess, since I cannot level Pact Commander. When my xp bar is full again, I need to spend points in order to continue leveling. That is weird!

29 minutes ago, Legendary Seraphim.2538 said:

Thanks Khisanth! To make matters more complicated: I haven't trained any other mastery (so no legendary and no fractal), I guess that is the reason why it is not overflowing!

I just mastered the first tier of the fractal attunement and spent a point. Now my bar is clear (and all xp I gained today is gone too...)

This system is bugged I guess, since I cannot level Pact Commander. When my xp bar is full again, I need to spend points in order to continue leveling. That is weird!

No you dont, but you do as you see fit mate.

23 minutes ago, Legendary Seraphim.2538 said:

That is irrelevant since that is not how mastery leveling works.

You fill the mastery line with exp first then you unlock with mastery point. You don't need to do for the mastery lines to start filling with exp except having masteries unlocked but you already did that.

Overflow just changes numbers behind the scenes, it doesn't switch your currently selected mastery line. You have to do that manually. The exp bar only shows your currently selected mastery even if your exp is going somewhere else.

• Like 1