Mount disappears underground

Hey folks, found this thread from a quick google, just wanted to add that I'm pretty much getting this issue all the time. It's quite frustrating as you'd imagine. I can't help thinking its more common during times of high cpu usage such as when there are a large amount of players on the screen, yet it happens during low load moments as well, so perhaps it's simply more noticable during raids etc as theres more pressure on you if you're falling behind. So it's hard to tell what the cause is.

When it happens my mount disappears under the map, the movement animation continues but I'm completely still, yet if i try to move in any direction i can see it happening on the minimap, just not on the main screen. Usually between 5-10 seconds later the issue will discontinue and I'm back to normal. There has been one single moment where this issue caused my character to actually fall beneath the map itself, where i eventually tumbled down to my death, was quite bizarre.

I'm also having another issue with GW2, mentioning it incase it might be related to the above. When at the character select screen my internet connection completely disconnects. I don't mean the connection to the game server, I mean my actual internet connection as a whole outside of the game. This issue can be reliably reproduced at the same place, character select screen as soon as you pick a character to enter the game. Once you reset your internet connection you can then login fine. Nothing else on my computer causes an issue like this, only GW2. I tried to see if it could be resolved by running GW2 without firewalls/antivirus enabled, opened router ports etc etc, doesn't seem to be any viable solution after extensive research, trial and error.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived