Mount disappears underground

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashantara.8731 said:There is a bug that has been occuring frequently.

Sometimes when you try to mount, three things happen at once:

• Your character's lower body (from the waist downward) disappears underground, so only the torso sticks out of the ground
  • The mount can't be seen, as it is also underground
  • The camera gets stuck at the position at which you mounted, and moving away from that place moves the character into the far distance (only dismounting allows the camera focus to return where it belongs: on your character)

It's the same broken mechanic that forces a pet that was 'put away' to NOT be put away when it comes out of water.

Both issues need to be fixed - they are exactly the same kinds of issues for different 'pets'.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Dragana.1497 said:I still go half underground. My camera now moves with me though. So I guess that's something? :(

Just tested it, and ditto. Hmph, well, it's better than before, though still not ideal.

Yep - still underground but now my POV follows it.

I have noticed this and it seems to be a loading issue with the mounts (I got it with any mount honestly). It seems that if you load in before your mount does that your character is still in a sitting position but on the ground (appearing under ground as you don't normally ride above your mount but saddled ON your mount) until the mount loads in. Sometimes doing a mount skill gets it to load faster as it does sort of a reload at that time. I am really only guessing by my own observation but hopes that this helps the dev team out on figuring out the cause. It is annoying if you are in a hurry to move and can't because even though you ARE moving your mount is currently still in one spot while your character is moving as if you are leaving without your mount but still riding it. Your camera view stays with the mount so you lose track if you try to do this if you go too far ahead with yoru character before your mount finishes loading. The more graphical the mount is the longer it loads perhaps? Not sure. It really reminds me of when you used to load but not fully and you were stuck at the spot you loaded in at until your character loaded. This is why it really seems to me it is a load issue with the mounts. My internet is VERY fast.

Perhaps submit a ticket or an ingame bug report on this while it is happening so you can send them a screenshot? https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having this problem after the February 6, 2018 update. My camera is stuck where I mounted but I can move around as I can see my icon moving on the mini map. When I dismount it snaps to the new location. Before the update whenever I mount the rendering takes time but my character can move around floating and the camera follows as well.

• 1 month later...

This is still happening as of now. Probably 60-70% of the time when I mount up I get stuck in the ground, sometimes being catapulted into the underground and dying forcing me to waypoint. My mount rarely keeps going and I have to dismount to come back to reality. This happens way too much and it gets quite frustrating, I'm almost afraid to mount up when I'm running towards something I need incase I get sent to the Underworld. Please please fix this issue!

I also confirm that it still happens. I DO NOT have a custom skin, it also happens with the default skin.MY CPU/GPU is a bit outdated but I have a fairly new SSD where Windows and GW2 is installed. Internet connection is 3 MBit. Location is EU.

I guess I can confirm that it happens more often on full maps (Teq. event etc.). VERY annoying.

@Spookies.9307 said:This is still happening as of now. Probably 60-70% of the time when I mount up I get stuck in the ground, sometimes being catapulted into the underground and dying forcing me to waypoint. My mount rarely keeps going and I have to dismount to come back to reality.

Funny. My latest issue is that, whenever I enter a new map, my mount remains inanimated (i.e., it doesn't move a muscle and moves forward like an inanimate object on rollerblades =) ), until the map area has fully loaded. At least, it does move forward and I don't get stuck (nor does the camera). ;)

Funny. My latest issue is that, whenever I enter a new map, my mount remains inanimated (i.e., it doesn't move a muscle and moves forward like an inanimate object on rollerblades =) ), until the map area has fully loaded. At least, it does move forward and I don't get stuck (nor does the camera). ;)

That's odd. When I enter a new area I'm dismounted. I've never had my mount carry though a portal.

Archived