VISA card payment

Hello, the problem with VISA card started in june maybe sooner. It is October and noone is able to fix it ? Hello , if you don't want our money just refund the last datadisk and I can start another game (but I love GW2 ๐Ÿ™‚ย ) so please fix it so I can support you and spend my money for those lovely outfits and don't let me buy new games ๐Ÿ™‚

• 2 weeks later...

Since October 14th, I have tried twice to pre-order End of Dragons, and the same kitten blank screen appears after confirming my purchase.ย  Now, if the issue started in June, as you mentioned, and Arena Net haven't fixed it yet, one should start wondering what they are thinking...

I don't mind subscriptions et all, so if they don't fix it soon I'll leave again. Plenty of game companies out there waiting to take my money.

I guess this is because of the additional security step? You can buy End of Dragons here on the site, here you get the window where you have to enter the security code sent to your phone (or however it is set up for you), but ingame this doesn't seem to work, I only got a black window as well. I guess we won't be buying gems for money then?

I'm having the vsame problem making a Visa payment now (30th October 2021). After pressing the 'confirm' button the payment screen just sits there frozen. I tried to make the same paymentt yesterday evening (same effect) but as it hadn't gone through my credit card account today I tried again.ย  Payment system is obviously broken.

8 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

If you cannot buy gems or the expansions in-game you can try buying them through buy.guildwars2.com (expansions only) or authorized retailers. (expansions and gems)

ย 

Yes, it should work fine in-game as well, but I would not hold my breath waiting on a fix there.

Well i know i can, but i bought expansion long time ago, and unfortunately my contry isn't on retailers list, paypal i don't have eitherย so that is also out of question. In game exchange is an option, but i don't have 2 or 5k gold to exchange in gems, and we all know gold is more important for every day gameplay, for me at least.

So i'm stuck like that, and my only option is to wait for ANET to fix that.ย  If they even fix it!

Edited by walkery.5012

11 hours ago, walkery.5012 said:

Well i know i can, but i bought expansion long time ago, and unfortunately my contry isn't on retailers list, paypal i don't have eitherย so that is also out of question. In game exchange is an option, but i don't have 2 or 5k gold to exchange in gems, and we all know gold is more important for every day gameplay, for me at least.

So i'm stuck like that, and my only option is to wait for ANET to fix that.ย  If they even fix it!

ย 

Most retailers have digital gem card codes nowadays, which will be e-mailed to you. And most of the also accept VISA card payments. So, it may still be worth taking a look there.

I don't know if gem card codes are regio locked to NA or EU servers, so the safest option is to try a retailer on the same region as your server.

thank you guys for all the good advices but shouldn't Anet fix the credit card payments ? Or should we really install VPN and buy gem cards on eshops and hopefully the codes will be working ? ( there is no official eshop for gem cards for GW2 in Slovakia so the only option is to use fake IP address and buy from Austria )

2 hours ago, Sitrik.3150 said:

thank you guys for all the good advices but shouldn't Anet fix the credit card payments ? Or should we really install VPN and buy gem cards on eshops and hopefully the codes will be working ? ( there is no official eshop for gem cards for GW2 in Slovakia so the only option is to use fake IP address and buy from Austria )

ย 

Yes, they should. If you know a way to push that message to ArenaNet management...
Until that time, try the alternatives that are available to you.

• 4 weeks later...