About the Living Story

Splat.7981

Hello everyone.

I started playing GW2 a few days ago, i bought the pack with all 3 expansions but i wonder how the living story works because i saw on this page https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-world-season-5-return-the-icebrood-saga-begins-next-week/ near the end that, and i quote, "You’ll need to own Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire™ to play episodes of The Icebrood Saga, but you can unlock them to play later if you haven’t upgraded your account yet.", i don't understand the part where it says that i can unlock them to play later if i haven't updated my account?

If i'm correct the living story becomes available, all of it, at level 80 or if i want to i can buy the episodes at the store correct? Or am i missing something here?

Living World Seasons are associated with different Expansions (or Core).

Living World Season 2 - Core

Living World Season 3 - Heart of Thorns

Living World Season 4, 5 (The Icebrood Saga) - Path of Fire

You can unlock (by purchasing, or in the case of The Icebrood Saga, currently, by logging in over the next few weeks) Living World Seasons/Episodes, but you must own the associated Expansion to be able to play them.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Living World Seasons are associated with different Expansions (or Core).

Living World Season 2 - Core

Living World Season 3 - Heart of Thorns

Living World Season 4, 5 (The Icebrood Saga) - Path of Fire

You can unlock (by purchasing, or in the case of The Icebrood Saga, currently, by logging in over the next few weeks) Living World Seasons/Episodes, but you must own the associated Expansion to be able to play them.

But they all unlock at level 80 correct? Also they are content only doable at level 80.

14 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

They only unlock when you purchase them, or acquire them some other way, such as when they are given away during special promotions.  Being L80 has nothing to do with unlocking them; a L2 character can unlock them. 

Yes but i can't do them as a level 2 character i think, correct?

26 minutes ago, Splat.7981 said:

Yes but i can't do them as a level 2 character i think, correct?

Technically you would have a hard time being under level as pretty much all expansion content is lvl 80. However there are ways to get low level characters into these places if you really wanted to.  Once you have it unlocked you could use a teleport to friend to enter a new map for example. 

as you are relatively new, and the expansions stories continue your personal story (every 10 levels to 80) I’d suggest you focus on the core game first. There are hundreds of hours of gameplay after lvl 80 but also hundreds of hours before before 80 that are also a lot of fun to play.

• Like 1